Rackspaces go 'dead' randomly

I did a test and this is the result:
2021-06-03 17_15_24-Window

It’s definitely not 2.7ms but alltogether i don’t notice any lag at all, it just plays great.

Which is why all the BS around low latency numbers is a bit on the absurd side :slight_smile:

Awesome that GP shows just the output latency, too. 2.7ms seemed like … yeah… right … let’s get back to reality.

But giving it the endorsement of being “stable” is great. My old Roland is not stable, nor are the drivers for my montage!

1 Like

That 2.7ms figure is just the simple math of minimal single direction latency. In your case it’s showing 128/48,000 = 2.66667 ms. I run 64 samples, and my GP says 1.3ms.

Best possible round trip latency at 128 samples, 48Khz would be 5.3 ms. Basically the driver is adding about 3.3ms each direction, or 6.6ms total.

2 Likes

If anyone is concerned about latency in GP, you might check:

3 Likes

Newbie here. I’m having a similar problem. Not loosing the entire Rackspace but notes are dropping out. Same notes every time. If I want to use a Native Instrument plugin the only choices I have are Native Instruments > Kontakt > Kontakt (VST) or Native Instruments GmbH > Kontakt (VST). I’m not loading the Komplete Kontrol (VST). This is the only way I know to get to the Native Instrument plugins.

What happens exactly?

Play up the keyboard and get to the “D” and no sound.

What is “D”?

D3 from Komplete Kontrol S61 Port (1)

Ok, what is shown in the global midi monitor window?
And you are sure that D3 is not midi learned to a widget or global midi?
Are you using rig manager?

Note is showing up in Global MIDI. The thread talks about Komplete Kontrol plugin (not the the S61) being the problem. I’m loading Native Instruments via Kontakt (VST)

And you are sure that D3 is not midi learned to a widget or global midi? Not that I am aware of. I did not do that.
Are you using rig manager? No

And when you load Kontakt and play some notes you can hear the sound, but when you play d3 no sound can be heard?

I exported all my Rackspace, created a new “gig” and am importing them one at a time. So far they are all working, not done yet. I assume in order to use Native Instruments I have to load Kontakt (VS). Right?

Kontakt is a sampler, you cannot load other instruments into Kontakt.
I think you mean komplete kontrol

Correct. I have used multiple instances of a given Instrument within a rackspace. Could this be the problem? Everything was working fine. Now all patches, regardless of Native Instruments or not will not play “D3”

So when d3 is not played then there must be some midi assignment
On what channel do you receive d3?
Can you upload a small gig file to show the issue?

If I want to use a Native Instrument plugin thechoices I have are Native Instruments > Kontakt > Kontakt (VST) or Native Instruments GmbH > Kontakt (VST) as well as Komplete Kontrol (VST). Yes it is a sampler, but you can play the instruments from it. This thread say Komplete Kontrol is the problem. I’m confused.

Please upload a small gig, so I can check tomorrow morning.
I have Komplete ultimate and face not the issue you describe.
I never use Komplete kontrol, many times Kontakt and face no issue

1 Like