Quirk Where Arpeggiator Did Not Work (and resolution)

On one of the songs my 80’s band does (Kids In America by Kim Wilde) I use Syntronik 2 for the intro arpeggiated part.

I have a widget set up so when I bring down a fader on my synth/controller, the arpgeggiator latches. Then I turn off the arpeggiator by bringing the fader up. (I use a fader instead of a button because I only have 3 buttons that send midi on my controller synth and I use them exclusively to move between songs and song parts).

On one of my laptops, which I had not used for a while for this song, I accessed this song/rackspace at a rehearsal and the arpeggiator was not triggered.

After going back in and out of the song and trying again, I went into the wiring section.

I found that by opening the plug in, it fixed this issue.

I try to run through all my songs and song parts within a few days of a gig. I think this type of thing is more likely to happen if I do not access a rackspace for a while. (I will admit not following David’s advice in that I do run incremental updates when they show up (for reasons that are not worth getting into), hoping that, worse comes to worse, one of my two duplicate laptops will work. (I sort of like that one of my laptops is Windows 10 and the other is Windows 11).

So, just throwing this out there. Maybe there is an explanation (Windows update?). But, if something like this happens, maybe try just opening the plug in and it might correct it.

Jeff

…or not?…:grimacing:

1 Like

At a time I had a similar issue and I made this:

Yes, I had read about this script when it came it. It is definitely something that could be useful for someone like me, with limited buttons to send midi. Thanks!