Program changes from Ableton

Can GP receive program changes from Ableton? And also is it in Ableton possible to send a program change in the middle of a track?

Yes, it is possible.

Yes, no reason it shouldn’t be possible, as a PC is a MIDI event like any other.

And also is it in Ableton possible to send a program change in the middle of a track?

Yes it is possible, but in Ableton Live you cannot use PC messages like the normal CC messages,

I wrote a simple M4L patch which translates note numbers to pc messages.

Great! Do you have a link and description for this M4L patch?

I had some screenshots here of sending Program Change and Control Change messages from Ableton. This was just using the free Ableton Lite.

1 Like

Here you go:

1 Like

I think this is not really the patch @matje is asking for…

I have another M4L Patch which reacts on entered notes in a clip and sends out corresponding PC messages.
In Ableton Live you have no timeline for sending PC messages in the Session View, so this patch is helping to send out multiple PC messages while a clip is playing.

Right now I am not at home, so today evening I can upload the M4L patch.

1 Like

@matje
Try this
http://milkcrate.com.au/_other/downloads/M4L/little-scale.PgmChange.amxd

With rank13 solution it works without patch no ?

Yes, but this will not work in session view - only in arrangement view.

I’m not in front of the computer but I recall it does work in session view. Those program change parameters are available in single clips.

Yes. but for each program change you have to create a new track and set the start position of the click within this track.
Each clip can only contain 1 pc message,

1 Like