Previous song part button to go the the last song part in the previous song

I want my previous song part button to go the the last song part in the previous song because sometimes I hit the next song part button by accident. According to the manual it sounds like this should work if using the global midi previous song part function - but mine goes to the first song part of the previous song. How can I get the functionality I seek?

Do your song parts stay within a song: Setlists

I have the option for song part change staying within the song Off.

When on the first song part of song B the previous song part button does go to song A but the issue is it goes to the first song part in song A rather than the last song part I’n song A.

within a song it responds correctly moving to the previous song part.

Ive created a simple 2 song gigfile to test this. I’ve tried “stay within song” on and off, I’ve tried using global midi assignment instead of setlist assignment options. No combination takes me to the last song part in the previous song. It’s either stops at the first song part in the current song (as expected with “stay within song” on) or it takes me to the first song part in the previous song.

Is this a bug? BTW I do notice that the up arrow on the keyboard gives me the functionality needed. It also flashes a green bar that says “previous” this does not occur with the midi signal I set for previous song part.

Did you try using the system actions’ “previous” mapping?

Yes, that’s by design - the assumption is if you’re going back to a previous song, then you’re wanting to start from the beginning of that song.

More relevantly, if you use the NextSongPart parameter in System Actions, you won’t be able to go past the end of a song!

1 Like

I have a pretty simple bit of GP Script so that you can select whatever variation you want when you switch between songs - I think this will do what you want. I’ll post it later when I get home!

Edit:
Didn’t read the whole thread properly. It MIGHT do what you want. Let me dig it out and post it and we can see how to adapt it to what you want.

Good to know it’s not a bug. My current plan is to external to gigperformer use an app that converts a midi cc to the up arrow keystroke.

I was able to add some code to my existing rackspace GPScript to get the functionality desired. Yay for GPScript!

2 Likes

Now I’m considering making the “”next” or forward button stay in the song and requiring a separate button to go to the next song.

I’m thinking of changing the drummers “drum kit” on his Roland td 27k through midi and if I accidentally went to the next song it would be pretty bad. So this new plan would minimize the risk.

Maybe you can share the script? :slight_smile:

the script is here-