Moving within setlist - Some questions

1. I have set up four transport buttons on my Arturia Keylab so that they control next/previous song part and next previous song. I’ve also turned off Previous/Next variation stays within rackspace.

This works great when walking down the setlist. However, if you walk the setlist in the upward direction, the previous song part button causes a jump from the first song part in one song to the first song part in the previous song. This is maybe how it ought to be? I suppose you seldom want to go from the beginning of one song to the end of the previous one :rofl:

1. If I want to use both my buttons and a pedal for the setlist movements; Do I have to assign the movements to a widget, then assign both the buttons and the pedal to that widget?

2. If I use a pedal; Must I use a sustain or expression pedal which is on when down and off when released, or is it possible to use one of those good old on/off toggle pedals, making the system not care for whether it is toggled on or off, just that it is toggled?