Moving within setlist - Some questions

1. I have set up four transport buttons on my Arturia Keylab so that they control next/previous song part and next previous song. I’ve also turned off Previous/Next variation stays within rackspace.

This works great when walking down the setlist. However, if you walk the setlist in the upward direction, the previous song part button causes a jump from the first song part in one song to the first song part in the previous song. This is maybe how it ought to be? I suppose you seldom want to go from the beginning of one song to the end of the previous one :rofl:

1. If I want to use both my buttons and a pedal for the setlist movements; Do I have to assign the movements to a widget, then assign both the buttons and the pedal to that widget?

2. If I use a pedal; Must I use a sustain or expression pedal which is on when down and off when released, or is it possible to use one of those good old on/off toggle pedals, making the system not care for whether it is toggled on or off, just that it is toggled?

What MIDI messages do these buttons send?

Snip_1

Snip_2

Hi!

This surprised me when I first noticed.
You can happily go back and forth with song parts in a given song, but it will always go to first part of the next or previous song.

I just have one button mapped to previous song part, another to next song part in Setlist preferences. This still allows me to move between songs. No need for extra buttons to move between songs.

Not sure what your pedal is going to be used for…

1 Like

Yes, you don’t really need those previous/next song buttons.

To switch to next song part instead of having to click the button on the keyboard.

Excellent!

(Haven’t tried this, but it looks promising)
Would Sir like to try something from System Actions in the Global Rackspace?

1 Like

I must take a look at that.

See the bonus section of this article: Gig Performer | How to change sounds and control plugins from your MIDI controller

The System Actions block is being used.

1 Like

I’ve already managed to get the buttons to function without the System Action plugin via MIDI learn, but perhaps that should be used to get pedals working. I suppose I can have multiple widgets performing the same action?

Do you know the answer to this question?

I didn’t understand it.

What is certain: you can use the Scaling mechanism (Widget curve) to adjust the behavior of a widget any way you like.

What I meant was;

• I have quite a few of those toggle pedals, that were used to, for example, turn reverb or preset volume on or off on amplifiers.
  • I suppose, if I connect them to a pedal input on my controller, they will give on value when on (127+) and one when off(0?)
  • Is there a way to handle this in GP, so that whether the pedal sends an on or off value, the action will be moving to the next song part?

To avoid assumptions, you can easily check what MIDI data is being sent by inserting the MIDI Monitor plugin.

Of course, everything is possible in Gig Performer. It just depends what data your pedal sends.

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Previous song part button to go the the last song part in the previous song