Presonus Audiobox USB doesn't appear

I’m trying to have both keyboards work at the same time. I think that I need to put them into separate interfaces, so I’ve brought my older Audiobox in to join my Studio 2/4. The Studio 2/4 appears in the list, but the Audiobox does not. Consequently I cannot open it in a rackspace.

What are the models of your keyboards? How do you connect them to your Windows computer?

The newer model is USB MIDI class compliant, but I couldn’t make sure the model you have is. This means that you possibly have to install the Presonus MIDI drivers for this model. Did you do it?

Well @Guswah didn’t explicitly tell if he is using Win or Mac… :thinking:

Hint: look at the category :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was wondering how you could be that extra lucid… :dizzy_face: I am not well awake… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I have the Presonus Audiobox Go.

As far as I know, you have to use/update its “Universal Control” application. So, I think it is a broader application than just a typical driver. But it includes the functions of a typical driver.

Jeff

I would rather use one interface with multiple In/Outpupts!
Windows isn’t actually “famous” for proper handling of multiple audio devices…
(one peace of gear also is much easier to carry)

The problem with that is that none of my interfaces are made for two MIDI inputs, and my current cabling doesn’t give me any other way.

I have Universal Control set up. It only shows one of the interfaces, i.e., the Presonus Studio 2/4.
The Audiobox, which is the older of the two, does not appear, regardless that its driver is the same.

My main keyboard is a Kurzweil LE8. My scondary keyboard is a smaller Nektar.

Whenever I’ve looked for these in recent times, I’m led back to Universal Control – which employs the same driver apparently as my newer Studio 2/4 interface. Maybe that’s my problem. :slight_smile:

I’m just wondering why you don’t simply connect both keyboards via USB to your PC?
Why do you need two interfaces if it’s only about MIDI?

Will that work? No interface? I most certainly WILL try that!

Sure… that’s why those keyboards have a USB-jack (well, one of the reasons).
Most of the users here have multiple MIDI devices connected via USB at once, and this works flawlessly (in the very most cases).
I have one keyboard, one knob/buttons controller and a foot pedal at once connected via USB and each of them appears as a separate MIDI device in Gig Performer, and can of course be handled as such.
My audio interface is only used for a proper stereo audio output (with low latency) and sometimes for connecting a guitar or a microphone… it also has its own a MIDI port (5 pin) but i never had to use this, since all my devices connect MIDI-wise on USB.

2 Likes

That’s why I asked you that. If a keyboard has a USB connection, simply plug it directly to your computer.

This article will help you along the way: Gig Performer | How to change sounds and control plugins from your MIDI controller

1 Like

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned yet that you cannot aggregate audio interfaces on Windows like you can on the Mac. One and done.

Be cause he doesn’t want to aggregate the audio devices, but only recycle his oldest audio interface as a MIDI interface. Exotic, but why not. But, depending on the controller models he owns (first question of @npudar), it is perhaps also… useless… :wink:

Well, I’ve tried a few things. First I have taken the interfaces completely out of the picture. I’ve attached both keyboards by USB to the PC. The only place I can tie in on the GP wiring appears to be OMNI (midi), although I know that it’s not actually midi. Everything works, but unfortunately both keyboards still play the same thing, actually a combination of two different instruments simultaneously.

I’ve tried a secondary input using the Nektar keyboard as the input block. Currently I have two inputs on the screen, the OMNI and the Nektar, but I’m getting the same result, that is, a mixture of both keyboards when I play either one.

I get the point, but I am not aware of any MIDI-only drivers for audio interfaces. Windows is still going to think it’s a second audio device and ignore it. Now I see that @Guswah has removed the audio interfaces and is connecting direct via USB.