Presonus Audiobox USB doesn't appear

I am wondering if something like Blue Cat Audio’s Connector might be useful to you.

Blue Cat Connector

I note that in the first photo in the article (which says to plug into the computer), the next line says it’s connected to a Behringer audio interface. Very confusing.

I might be useful, but surely this is not what thousands of others use, that is, those who have two separate keyboards connected in Gig Performer.

Okay, I’ve got it!

1. Both keyboards plugged in directly to computer
  2. Using two “MIDI in” blocks (apparently the computer regards it as MIDI)
  3. Those two blocks are each connected their respective keyboards – orange connectors
  4. Those both connect to Audio Out – blue connectors

Thanks sincerely to everyone for giving me a hand with this. It just took a lot of playing with the options to finally get all the right combinations.

2 Likes

Well, who’d-a-thunk? For years I’ve been using interfaces (I own four of them) on high-end PCs with plenty of USB connectivity, because I thought they were a necessary part of the process.

1 Like

This is from the article: “To this laptop are connected a Behringer audio interface, an Arturia MiniLab Mk2 and a Behringer FCB1010.”

What is confusing here? Please quote.

I see that you figured out how this works. Good! :slight_smile:

Yes, please give feedback because I want to improve the article or the community tips so that people have no quandries / ambiguity.

I didn’t meant MIDI-only drivers, I meant drivers. If the audio interface would be USB MIDI class compliant, probably that it would have worked without any driver. So, the message was even if you don’t need the audio interface for audio purposes, install the drivers.

I never tried, but I don’t think so. I think you could use a second audio interface in a second GP instance. But, the idea was not to use the second audio interface as an audio interface but as a MIDI interface.

That’s why I suggested that depending on the controller models, using the audio interface as a MIDI interface could possibly be useless.

But it seems that @Guswah is discovering our GP/MIDI world, so it is nice for him to explore a bit :wink:

There’s nothing “apparent” about it — a MIDI In block represents a MIDI in port!

Also, there’s nothing to stop you from using more than two MIDI In blocks — for example, you might have three MIDI In blocks associated with a single keyboard, each one defined to use different (possibly overlapping) areas of the keyboard – that’s how you do splits and layering.

Well, this response is to someone’s comment about NOT using an interface and connecting directly to a computer by USB. If the web page says to plug into the computer, but then it says that there’s an interface connected, is it so unfathomable that someone – especially a novice – would be confused by this?

OK, I’ve just edited the article and added a note.

Note: if your MIDI controller has a USB cable, simply connect it directly to a USB port on your computer and it will work – you don’t need any additional audio/MIDI interfaces for your MIDI controller. In this setup, I’m using an audio interface just to connect my guitar.

Is it clearer now?

3 Likes