Predictive loading with values under three

Yes a lot of them are exactly as you describe.

Then, as I mentioned above, you could look into using GP Script to load user presets on different variations. You’ll probably need some guidance (which I’m afraid I can’t offer) but it would let you reduce significantly the number of rackspaces that need to be loaded (just one for each different rackspace.

Downsides

1. it can take a moment for the presets to be loaded when you switch variations
  2. it’s still experimental and although nobody has reported any issues we can’t guarantee that every single plugin will behave properly, which is why we don’t expose the mechanism through the gui.

A possible solution?
I have two identical in spec Surface Pro 8s running Windows 11. They have two Thunderbolt 4 ports each. Can I use them together with GP combining their ram (32gig) and processing power to deal with the slow loading issue?

You need more RAM. You cannot group RAM of two different PCs (at least, not without additional latency. Grouping is usually done to use the processing power).

I run Gig Performer at 16 GB of RAM, but I’m not a demanding user. If I were nearing the limits, I would strip down my Windows as much as possible and implement tips from this blog.

1 Like