OSC/PILOT app

It is very tedious to setup…

The ‘pager’ is a single control, but each of the tabs is a separate layout that you can add whatever sliders/buttons you want to each one. You can edit each ‘page’ by double-clicking the main part of the page, or by selecting the tickbox to the right of the page number in the right panel:

Below is an example of what I mean. I’ve also attached an updated TouchOSC file and the gig file I used.

TouchOSC-Pager

SwitchRackspace.tosc (3.4 KB)
OSC Example.gig (198.8 KB)

3 Likes

Hi rank13,

wow, that looks like what I plan to do!
I will try that this evening when I am with the equipment.
One more question; what do i have to set at GP/ Rackspace to
trigger the page change at the OSC? (may this question is needless after I load the
sample gig)

In any case, I would like to express once more that this community is absolutely awesome! Thanks for the help, support and patience!

Tonight I was not even able to connect the OSC/ IPad to GP, yesterday I made it in minutes… damn… wasted hours for nothing…

1 Like

I got it running at home, I loaded your @rank13 's templates and it works very well!

I just have to understand how you managed that, but that is on my side.
Thanks a lot!

3 Likes

@rank13
I need your help once more.
I am now in our practice room.
I have all connected; unfortunately it is just working/ communication in one direction.
If I change settings at the GP my IPad reacts,
but from the IPad to the GP (that is what I want…)
it is not working.
Any idea what that could be??
Thanks !

Those addresses are out of focus, I can’t read them.

Also, have you by any chance installed Waves 13? I’m told they have some bizarre port conflict

@flodder you could try changing the. GP Listening Port to something else and then enter that as your send port on the iPad. It should tell you if something else is using that port and preventing it reaching GP.

You don’t also have the Protocol monitoring app (or another) running as well do you?

Can you upload the TouchOSC template?

I just made a simple one - is working fine

I had it running with the same set up at my very first try this week.
I can not upload the file currently, but I tested it with the one from rank13 and it is the same.
I do not have the same setting possibilities as @pianopaul
I miss the extra settings, see attached

I tried a different send port, no change.

What version of GP are you using?

My version
GP4 4.1.5

OK, to see the extra OSC options - you have to enable them.
But that is not the reason why it does not work

Can you upload your TouchOSC File?
How look the properties of xout TouchOSC object fader1?

Fore some reason I can not upload the file; it‘s blurred when I try it…
I am with IPhone/ IPad
I could send it via email…

No worries – I couldn’t see it on my iPad but I can see it on my computer. The addresses look fine. There’s something else going on. Either your devices are somehow not on the same subnet or something else has opened the listening port on your computer - you can only have ONE application listening on any specific port.

I will try to restart the whole system.
I tried several different ports.

Did you enable the send property of your fader1 in TouchOSC?

It was running with the same set up in my home network (different IP…)
How I have to enable the send?

I uploaded a screenshot with a red fader.