Open Stage Control app text widget and GP

Hi,

I have tried to define a setup for GP control via Open Stage Control app. The buttons and knobs work perfectly, but I could not get any response from text widget. I would need to display Song name there, but setting osc address field to “/CurrentSongName” has no result. No information was obtained while switching songs in GP. It seems that text widget does not respond to any command providing string output from GP, e.g. “/knob1/GetCaption”. Is it some other property, e.g. preArg, what has to be done?

Thank you

Jiri

Probably you already look at documentation…
https://gigperformer.com/docs/GP4UserManual/osc-messages.html

1 Like

Hi @JiriNeuzil welcome!

Have a look at my sample Open Stage Control template here:

2 Likes

Sure. But it is strange that NO text output from GP was obtained. I have tried several commands…

Thanks!

@JiriNeuzil Do you have ‘debug’ mode switched on from the initial O.S.C. config/launch window?
It makes it much easier seeing everything sent out by GP.

1 Like

For a ‘Text’ control, you put the OSC address into the ‘Value’ field in this format:

OSC{/CurrentSongName}

Hi rank13,

thank you for your welcome and help. Tried to look at your template, it works like a charm even without setting up custom module :slight_smile:

What I need is just the song name field in the upper part of the screen. Do I understand well that is it important to have the button GetSongList there?

Otherwise, my system is to have a dedicated button for one concrete song, which is what I was able to set up and worked fine.

J

If all you want is the current song name displayed, then just use the example above and populate the ‘Value’ field for the text widget.

Yes, I have

Yes, that works! THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

1 Like