OP-X Pro II

I don’t understand the question

Did the Sonicprojects people contact Deskew to get some information or help for fixing OP-X Pro II?

Just installed the v1.3 on Windows 10 and get GP crashing when changing the OP-X PRO II window size. :grimacing:

Bummer, I’ll send them an email

1 Like

:frowning:

OK, one more round to wait for a stable release…

When I contacted SonicProjects a year ago and reported the crashing problem, they stated that they were well aware of the problem and were in the process of rewriting an interface that was the problem.

It appeared to me that they didn’t need to contact Deskew…

Once the window size is changed, it seems to be OK. But, I lost my license information that are needed for the new version, I sent them a mail…

I have found my first mail from sonicprojects with the User-ID and the license key. There was also a link to the User Area in that mail and I could download OP-X PRO II, 1.3.0.

I can change the window size without problems in GP4. I have to close the GUI with the old size, open OP-X PRO II again and then I have the new size.

Yesterday I have builded two rackspacea with different sounds in different banks in OP-X PRO II, 1.3.0. Until now it works fine, I hope it stays that way.

Mac or Windows? Wondering if this is specific to the OS or to a particular plugin format?

MacBook Pro M1 Ventura 13.0.1, I use the VST3.

Probably as I use Windows 10…

Okay, I will try with Windows.

The same in windows:
I can change the window size without problems in GP4.

I would like to ask you if you can reproduce the GP crash with OP-X Pro II with the following steps to reproduce:

• Start GP with a new empty Gig file
  • go in the wiring view and add an instance of the OP-X PRO II plugin
  • open the OP-X PRO II plugin GUI window
  • start the GUI size changer
  • a dialog opens which says that the change will apply only once you relaunched the plugin GUI
  • DON’T CLOSE THIS MOD DIALOG BY CLICKING OK
  • first close the OP-X PRO II plugin GUI window
  • THEN CLOSE THE MOD DIALOG BY CLICKING OK
    => GP crashes for me!
1 Like

Yes that is exactly the same behavior for me – -following the order of the steps.

I have 2 AMD computers. 1 with an FX chipset and 1 with a Ryzen chipset.

The OP-X 1.3.0 crashes GP on my Ryzen chipset computer EVERY time I try to open or select the plugin. So the OP-X 1.3.0 does not work with Ryzen chipsets. I have tried multiple audio interfaces with different sampling sizes and samples – all the same result. I had to go back to the OP-X 1.2.6 version for my Ryzen computer.

OP-X 1.3.0 works fine (except for the problem you mention) on my AMD FX chipset computer.
I have relayed these findings to SonicProjects – and they mentioned that they don’t have a Ryzen computer yet to test on.

1 Like

For me too, but only in Windows (Intel), on my MacBook it works fine with OP-X Pro II 1.3.0 VST3.

1 Like

Please report to devs of OP-X.

I am in touch with Peter from Sonicprojects, he couldn’t reproduce the bug, but now I think I found the right steps to reproduce and wanted to have some GP users to confirm this.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: IInteresting sound packs on sale

So, OP-X Pro II won’t be fixed immediately for the GUI size change bug, but at least users will be warned about this in their FAQ :

https://www.sonicprojects.ch/obx/pro2v12faqs.html#71

71. OP-X PRO-II 1.3.0 crashes the host upon switching the GUI. Any help?

This can happen when you try to click away the interface / GUI before you clicked away the info mod window which is popping up after clicking a new interface to inform you the GUI change action has taken place in the background and you need to close and re-open the interface. Click on the “OK” button of this popping up info window so that it disappears before you close and re-open the interface. Then there will be no crash.

2 Likes