OP-X Pro II

Hi @waltercruz, welcome to the GP community forum :wink:

What exactly is annoying in OP X-PRO for you?

Interface and usability (and also seems to crash GigPerformer)

Seems to or does crash GP? If it crashes GP, I would be interested in the steps to reproduce the crash.

OPX Pro 2 still works really well for me with GP fwiw

Do you use it in several rackspaces of the same gig file? How many instances of it in each rackspace?

If you’re referring to me usually only once.But as I mentioned before no problems with it

Unfortunately there are issues, but for the moment I cannot reproduce. Which doesn’t mean that it doesn’t happen, but only that it happens apparently randomly.

Does anybody of you see differences in stability regarding the use of the full ui version or the rack ui version?

For me (with OP-X PRO II), pretty consistent behavior was 3 rack spaces in the same gig file (if I can remember)… and GP would crash when I hit save.

I can test tonight and hopefully get a consistent use-case pattern if you’d like – and send in a gigfile.

As I remember — it could be a gig file with just 3 OP-X rack spaces in it too.

1 Like

I believe that Sonic Projects is aware of this issue but I have not yet heard back from them as to any progress.

It is not clear what the issue is, as for the moment, as far as I know, we don’t know exactly the steps to reproduce.

Hi David-san,

2 things… 1) I have an old email thread about this problem from 12/21 – which I resent to sonic-projects asking if they have an update… and 2) I’ll test tonight and try to get something reproducible.

This plugin… and the now defunct 32-bit JBridged B4 VST ---- are the only plugins I have that consistently crash GP.

1 Like

I couldn’t make OP-X crash GP – even with 5 instances. But good news: Sonic Projects stated to me in an email that they will have a new release by year end, 1.3.0 – which they claim is stable with 8 rackspaces using different patches – and they’ve tested with all different sample rates.

6 Likes

This would be really good to hear! I stopped using OPX Pro II in 2017 but I still love some of the sounds I’ve programmed for it. For those 80s sounds I couldn’t find any better plug-ins (I tried several).

So it would be great if these issues (patch recall + crashes) were finally fixed. I’d love to use OPX Pro II in GP again.

2 Likes

Fantastic news, I pretty much stopped using OP-X live because of crashes, too unstable. IMHO similar plugins don’t sound as good so I’m happy to hear Sonic Projects is improving it.

I would like to see it… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

A new version of OP-X PRO II was released and solves the problems with GigPerformer compatibility!

4 Likes

We would be interested to have some OP-X Pro II in GP users feedback… :wink:

@waltercruz You beat me to it – I was just about to report the availability of this update!

While I am a fan of this plugin, the reported issues and lack of updates made me wonder if they still had a developer on staff or just sales people. So this update gives hope. Has Deskew been contacted but them to make this update?