Note on off to midi cc's sugestions

I did exactly what you asked. If you want something different, please explain…

just wondering, can i send the midi on/off notes to a widget, and have the widget covert it to cc’s 0 and 127?

Yes that should be possible.
You have to map the Widget to a Midi in Plugin and your desired cc Message und learn the Widget your Note on Message.

1 Like

Yes that’s true, and it is even easier. You only have to have an additional widget on the screen. I didn’t even though this could be a solution and it is one without programming. :+1:

cool, 200 miles away right now, but i’ll try this weekend when i get back

2 things about the last idea don’t work, when the widget recieves the note on/off messages, the switch i have assigned to it turns on with the first push then turns off with the second push, its not momentary like the phyical button on my floor unit, and when i hit learn parameter in the mapping section, and i tweek controller 21 in kontact, nothing happens

You know how to use host automation in Kontakt?
No need to go complicated with cc messages.

no, i’m no kontact wiz

You should never use midi mapping when host automation is possible.
The Kontakt user guide is your friend.

but will it convert note on/off messages to cc values?

why when host automation is available?

i’m using this live, the only way i can send a momentary midi event is with a note on/off footswitch on my pedal board

Is it me or you are making things more complicated that they are?

You first asked for a MIDI script to do some note to CC events conversion, I made it and you could also benefit from a nice explanation from @keyman. From your MIDI monitor screenshot, it can be verified that it does exactly what you asked for. @pianopaul adviced you a widget based alternative, which also works very well, and now it seems that your issue can be addressed by the basic GP functionalities? Are we missing something?

If not, add a button widget, associate it with the Kontakt plugin (if it is the plugin you want to control), learn the Kontact parameter you want to control, then learn your MIDI pedal, that’s it! What is so complicated, I don’t understand…

1 Like

because when i hit learn, and tweak the kontact parameter, it doesn’t learn it

it,s the growl parameter in mr sax t, i hit learn, then treak it on the gui, but it doesn,t register in gp3

Then it could be that this parameter is not exposed.
Did you try host automation?
It should be possible to expose the desired parameter.

1 Like

band practice right now, i’ll look into it later… thanx guys, please be patient with me, i’m trying, you guys are great