Note on off to midi cc's sugestions

OK this is missing at the top of the script:

Var
MIDIin : MidiInBlock

Please move the script window, so I can see how the Midi In Block looks like.

1 Like

btw, thanx guys, i’m trying to upgrade to gp3 now, but i’m having a little trouble

But before you come to another issue, tell us about the first: what about the script does it work ?

You have to give it the name MIDIin and enable to be used in scripting.
See some posts above

david… not yet
paul … yes i did both

Ok clear the script.
Close the script window
Open the script window and type in the script again.

You could also export the rackspace and upload it, so I can take a look at it.

The MIDI in block handle name you have to rename in MIDIin is the one related to the pedal which produces the “G9” note you want to convert in CC. Perhaps the “Line 6 Helix” one ?
@keyman suggested to you to use the GP MIDI monitor to show us what happen, which is a good idea…

1 Like

control+M or cmd+M
Window > Midi Monitor

hey guys, i have to work in the studio the rest of today, maybe tonight i can try again, if not, i won,t be getting back to this till next week, annual guys ice fishing weekend, good switch up to studio, software updates all week :slight_smile:

i renamed the helix and tried, still no luck

i looked at the midi monitor and made sure the right midi notes and velocity’s were happening, they were

i’ll try again after i get gp3 going, waiting for a email from the guys

Its NOT rename the MIDI IN block! Its “OSC/GPScript Handle” > Set handle

I really would like to see what is displayed in the GP MIDI monitor window once you pushed on the pedal you want to convert.

It is probably not a big issue, it is just that you passed something and you don’t give us the sufficient information to figure out what’s wrong…

1 Like

keyman, yes, that’s what i meant

yeh, i just noticed, all velocitys are 127, just note on and offs being sent, is there a way to script that to cc21 =0 to cc21= 127 ?

here’s a pic of what’s going in, and the way i’d like it to come out, i have a footswitch that does it now, but it’s latching on the cc comands, but it’s momentary on note on/ offs, it’d be so much easier if it were the other way around i know, tell that to line 6, i’ve tried :frowning:

The script that @pianoman wrote does exactly that.

In GP Script, C3 represents middle C, ie note number 60. In that representation, G8 is the highest possible note, note number 127

1 Like