Nektar Pacer Discussion

Hi. Firstly, thanks once again for you sharing your knowledge….wish I’d seen your post a few days ago! Secondly, thanks for such a speedy reply.
This morning I thought I’d have another go at figuring this out (I don’t give in easily on such things!) and I was successful.
I was using just 1 rack for both egtr and acu gtr. I fixed it by duplicating the rack and sending CC messages to change the racks when changing presets on the Pacer. Now I’ve got everything working just how I want it, thanks to your post:) I even hacked my cheap expression pedal….put a switch in it that switches my wah on and off just like a normal wah pedal…brilliant!
I’ll buy you a pint if I ever run into you 😁.
Cheers.

1 Like

Does the Pacer work with a regular Wah pedal ? I have a Dunlop Hendrix version and I would like to connect it to the EXP 1 jack but it isn’t seen by Amplitube 5 through an AXE IO when I try to get it to learn the pedal.

Hi @Sharmon. No, an ‘expression’ pedal is needed for this - a standard wah pedal is processing the audio signal and can’t do double duties as an expression pedal, unless you do some DIY and permanently convert it (a number of web hits on this topic).

1 Like

It’s a 1972 vintage pedal , I will buy the Nextar and just leave it on my board :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, David, welcome here :slightly_smiling_face:

As said @rank13, although it is possible to use a volume pedal, it is not recommended.
More details in this post I just published: Using an old Game Joy Stick for pitch n mod - #17 by Glen

1 Like