MOXF8 Vst sync in GP

Hi, I use Gig Performer with my MOXF8 and it works brilliant. However, I would like to use the MOXF8 VST plugin, but I cannot seemt to get the port settings right to make it sync. I use USB connection and my midi connections looks like this.

As I start sync, I get Port Open Error

Anybody know how to get this working?
All the best
Johan

Hmm, are you on Windows? If so, you’re probably using a driver that doesn’t allow ports to be opened multiple times. When Gig Performer starts, it automatically opens all physical MIDI inputs and outputs. That’s probably what’s going on.

We do have on our list for a future update to allow certain ports to not be opened by Gig Performer specifically to allow this kind of thing. In the meantime, you might be able to accomplish this usual virtual MIDI ports (see https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/virtualmidi.html) although it will take some tweaking.

To repeat a previous advisory…

I had latency issues when I used loopMIDI from Tobias Erichsen. Solid code, but it causes noticeable (to me) latency.

I have no latency issues with LoopBe30 by nerds.de. The (variable, up to) 30 port version has a free trial for testing. LoopBe1 is free, if you only need a single virtual port.

LoopBe30

1 Like

I have started using my MOXF8 with the latest version of GP and I am having the same problem. Is there a solution for this yet?

Multiple problems were mentioned in this thread - which one are you having?

Sorry - I thought this was about Syncing the MOXF VST with the Keyboard over USB with the Yamaha Drivers and VST Software installed. That’s the only problem I’m having. As I start sync, I get the Port Open Error. I didn’t see a solution mentioned - just the suggestion of Virtual midi ports with no confirmation that it worked with either loopMIDI or LoopBe 1 or 30.

GP 3 has the ability to not open a port so that an external device can open it

I thought that Yamaha VST only works in Cubase. I can’t even get it to work in Reaper.

I don’t know anything about that VST but given that Yamaha owns Steinberg (which owns Cubase) they might very well have made it be a proprietary plugin. You’d have to ask on the Yamaha or Steinberg forums)

Found somewhere: “The “Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor Standalone/VST” can run as a VST inside of Steinberg or any VST3 compatible DAW”

In that case it should work fine with Gig Performer

Yes. I haven’t used these Yamaha VSTi editors for years but I remember having used them in Studio One in 2011… definitely worked. So it should also work in GP.