Momentary Button Widget

Hi - my first post so go easy on me! I am trialling GP at the moment and it looks like it’s going to work very well for me. One thing I have not been able to work out is how to add a momentary button widget as opposed to a latching switch to a panel. Am I missing something obvious?

Unfortunately, there actually is no widget with such a functionality. I am missing that too from time to time, but i always found a way around.
In the worst case one has to use GPscript to make the widgets do what they should.
What is it exactly, that you want to do - maybe we can help you?

Yes - could you please explain exactly what would you do with such a button and are you planning on connecting it to your MIDI controller or OSC perhaps?

Hi - I have a drum sampler (Sitala) that I use for triggering sound effects with momentary buttons on my midi controller. When I link the controller button to a panel switch via midi and hit the button on the controller I get the desired behaviour (the switch widget flashes on then off). However, if I click on the widget with my mouse I get a latching behaviour. It’s not a deal breaker but it is a bit counter intuitive.

Understood. Yes - the issue is only if you click on the button widget. We’ll put it into our feature tracking system so we implement some kind of option that makes the button momentary if one clicks on it.
Thanks

(unfortunately i can press “like” only once…)

I did another LIKE click for ya :sunglasses:

I “liked” it a second time for you ! But, who will do it for me know ? :wink:

I did it :wink: I’m having a good day. (Every day that brings us one step further to get a momentary button is a good day :sunglasses:)

I recently use a GP Script which increases widget values over time (to manipulate the filter cutoff while playing with both hands). For that I also use a “Reset” button that sets the filter cutoff to a default value. This button is supposed to be a momentary button too (I currently use the SetWidgetValue(0) method but I think it would be much better to have it as a widget option).

Care to share the idea :wink: thanks!