MIDI OSC Global Rackspace Issue

I put Session Horns and Friedlander Violin in the Global Rackspace, which is accessed via OSC. I am not getting any sound on the rackspaces where I use either of them (in the Global Rackspace).

For some reason, it seems to be having a problem with midi reaching them via OSC in one of my laptops (new new more powerful one, with Windows 11).

Everything is working fine on the other laptop.

When I first opened the Gig file, I though I saw a message about OSC, but it was obscured and went away, I though it said something about a conflict (?). (I have not changed anything).

When I go to the Global Rackspace and open up Kontakt (with Session Horns) and hit the graphic of the keyboard, I can hear it.

As always, any help is appreciated.

[I just updated incorrect information. Both Session Horns *and* Friedlander Violin are not working in the Gobal Rackpsace. I originally though Frieldander violin was still working. But, those were where Freidlander Violin was in the local rackpspace. So, I am having the same issues with both.]

Uhm…that’s a critical message and it’s probably why OSC is not working. Need to see that message and it probably wouldn’t hurt to post a screenshot of your OSC options

I can’t get you this now. Will in am.

I think the message might have said conflict might because another instance was open (?)…something along those lines.

And that would make sense. You can’t have two OSC servers open at the same port.

Okay, I went to my rig to take some screenshots. While I was doing that I noticed “Enable OSC” was turned off. Duh! (I don’t know how that happened).

I turned the switch to “Enable OSC” and all is well.

Can I get a support job with GP now! :wink:

I appreciate your help, as always,

Jeff

I’ve also experienced that GP reports that there’s conflict with the OSC listening port. In that case I just re-enable OSC and everything is fine. I think it happens when I need to activate GP (I always deactivate before updating Windows to be on the safe side). I’ll try to be a little more observant next time.

Yes, it is good to be aware that this could happen.

So, if you run into this, maybe the first thing to do is just check whether the OSC enable switch got turned off.

Jeff

GUYS … I have NO IDEA why I can’t get OSC to send midi messages to GLOBAL.

This is my OPTIONS OSC SETUP window

This is my LOCAL midi out window

LOCAL RACKSPACE BLOCKS

LOCAL RACKSPACE

GLOBAL RACKSPACE BLOCKS

GLOBAL RACKSPACE

Can anybody spot the mistake because I can’t, for the life of me, get anything to appear in the midi monitor window

cheers

Did you follow this?

1 Like

definitely … That’s exactly what I followed … but had no success at all

How looks your handle for the MIDI in in the global rackspace?

1 Like

I think you forgot to set the handle in the MIDI In plugin in the global rackspace

1 Like

I named it Grandeur to know that this midi in goes to the Grandeur piano

How looks the OSC handle?

1 Like

what do you mean?

Please read carefully the blog.
The OSC handle of the sending block must Mach the OSC handle of the midi in block.
Search MidiFromLocal

2 Likes

Are they not the same in these images?

LOCAL RACKSPACE BLOCKS

LOCAL RACKSPACE

GLOBAL RACKSPACE BLOCKS

GLOBAL RACKSPACE

First part of the OSC address of the sending block must match the OSC handle of the receiving midi in block.
All shown in the blog.
You did not exactly follow

What you are showing are names but not OSC handles

MIDI IN handle

MIDI OUT Handle

I don’t understand what I am missing… are they not the same handle?