MIDI OSC Global Rackspace Issue

This address from the OSC MIDI out block needs to match the OSC MIDI In block handle.

ScreenHunter 83

1 Like

Again, read carefully the blog

1 Like

oh right … I got it …

SO… if I want 2 or more controllers to send individual midi messages to their appropriate instruments in GLOBAL, how do I differentiate each one?
and how does GLOABL know WHERE to send the appropriate messages if they are all designates to “MidiOut” ?

Sorry… Have been since yesterday trying to solve what I thought would be easy and I think my brain is fizzling right now

By using different OSC addresses for each one

1 Like

Use different OSC addresses in the sending MIDI out blocks and corresponding OSC handles in the MIDI in blocks in the global rackspace

1 Like

Unfortunately, what’s a little big confusing, is that the the MIDI Out OSC block does not actually use that SetHandle mechanism. You specify the outgoing OSC address directory.

So only the MIDI In (OSC) block has to have its handle set.

The reason it works this way is because the the MIDI Out (OSC) block can be used to send MIDI messages via OSC to other applications (and even other computer) so it doesn’t rely on the internal handle concept.

1 Like

I’ve just realized I can type here… Because it wasn’t on a grey box, I never even thought it could be modified. I thought it would be modified via de Handle name or something…

Many thanks again

So make sure you understand

1. The handle for that MIDI Out block is just MidiOut
  2. You must include the /Midi postfix

So if you wanted to use GRANDEUR, your settings in this MIDI Out block would be

/GRANDEUR/Midi

1 Like

yep… yep… I understood now… you’ve saved my days…

Thanks to all

2 Likes