Managing 2 instances with 1 controller

OK, I’ve found the System Actions plug-in trick in the global rackspace.
Unfortunately, it does not work when I try to assign a knob to PC to sweep rackspaces.

I found this topic : https://community.gigperformer.com/t/controller-transformation-for-program-change/8519/20

with an example file from rank13, but it does not work :roll_eyes:
It seems I have the same problem as jbgermany in his topic.

1 Like

you can send specific OSC messages, so that the 2nd instance switches to the desired rackspace.

I tried but rackspace switching requires Program Change. I don’t know if there is another way to switch rasckspaces.
It seems I’m unable to generate PC with System Actions plug-in, the knob value stays stuck at 0 even if I turn it.

I’ve made some tests on a simple setup, just 1 instance, several rackspaces and system actions plug-in in the global rackspace. It only works with buttons assigned to nextrackspace and prevrackspace, but I would like assign a PC value to a button to select a specific rackspace.
I know I’m very close to succeed, it’s incredibly frustrating!

With this OSC message you can switch to a specific rackspace

/GigPerformer/SwitchToRackSpace

I don’t know how to use these OSC messages :roll_eyes:
In the global rackspace script editor ? how do I link the message with the button ?
Where do I specify the rackspace number ? /GigPerformer/SwitchToRackSpace [1] ?

1 Like

Did you watch this?

1 Like

The trick is to use Direct Addressable OSC for the Widget in the Global Rackspace

You can define a list of rackspace names which are sent out when you move the widget
The Port Number is the port GP is listening, you set that in the OSC Options.

SelectRackspaceOSC.gig (45.4 KB)

By using different ports or even IP Addresses you can control a remote GP or another instance of GP
=> endless possibilities with OSC and (this is advanced) OSC callbacks

2 Likes

Your gig file almost work !
I don’t have the “type” and "edit items (I’m in GP 4.1.5)
So when I turn the knob, it switch only between A and B rackspaces, not C.

I also tried to replace the knob by a momentary button which is linked to the rackspace 1 (with “GigPerformer/SwitchToRackSpace1”, correct ?) but nothing happens when I push it down.
When using only GigPerformer/SwitchToRackSpace, it switch to rackspace 2 when the button is pushed, but goes back to rackspace 1 when it is released.
I’d like to just select rackspace 2 at the “rising front” when I push the button, and styaing in this state at the button release.

You should download 4.5

He’s on the PA version. @bimole hopefully you’ll get to enjoy 4.5 very shortly!

But to see if it is working he could download the test version from Deskew?

It works with the 4.5 trial version. It’s very weird.
Program Change command from System Actions plug-in is also working and I succeeded in assigning different buttons to different rackspaces (min value = max value to avoid resets to rackspace 0).

No way to specify a value for the GigPerformer/SwitchToRackSpace command in GP 4.1.5 ? :thinking:

If GP 4.1.5 did everything, there would have been no reason to create GP 4.5
:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Finally moved to GP 4.5!
It works like a charm either with OSC Messages or System Actions plug-in methods.

My X-Touch mini work on the 2 instances, one on layer A, the other on layer B, and I can change parameters as well as switching rackspaces.

I’m a happy man, thank you guys for helping :+1: :wink:

JB

5 Likes