Luna Display with Gig Performer

Was YamDisplay among the apps you considered? I would be very interested in a Yam/Luna comparison, and to learn if/why Luna is worth the considerable extra spend.

YamDisplay is one of the others I discovered after I purchased Luna. Since I was already invested in Luna I didn’t really follow up on any of the others until recently. This week I have downloaded and experimented with YamDisplay. At first I wasn’t so sure if I liked it as there was a slight learning difference. But now that I’ve learned more and tried booting up my Mini with only the iPad connected I think I like it a lot. One difference I really like is the return to Mini response after you’ve left the Mini screen to check something on the iPad. When you click on the Yam icon the return to the Mini is instantaneous. With Luna there is some delay unless you return to the Mini within so many seconds…then it’s like something has to reload.

So, yes…I think YamDisplay may very well be a path you should try.

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: Yam Display with Gig Performer (Mac to iPad)

Just wanted to chime in that I am using Luna display on a mini and it’s working great. My mini is an older 2012 so I have to use the mini display port but other then the hitches mentioned above (removing PIN and making sure Luna loads at startup) it’s been very smooth.

1 Like