Live Cover Band

I am in a Cover Band and would like to use Gig Performer running all instruments and vocals. I have the wiring down which allows all inputs coming through my 8 Input interface (Roland Octa-Capture). I am at 45% CPU Usage and haven’t connected the drums through yet. I need help with structure for Global Rackspace and tips on how to get the CPU Usage down. OR is this a normal usage percentage?

How many plugins do you have active at the same time?

Hi @Magic32 and welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

What computer you use, and what are its specifications (CPU, RAM, storage)?
What plugins you use?

I currently have:
Gig Rig 6 for Guitar
Waves CLA Bass for Bass
Nectar 3 for Main Vocals
Two GP Reverbs for backing vocals
Korg M1 and Komplete Kontrol for Keyboards
Drums are not decided yet. Hopefully Roland VDrums running straight through.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Processor 2.3 GHZ 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Storage 1TB SSD

1 Like

You got plenty of power under the hood. I’d be curious to know the CPU per each plugin. Bypass all except for one at a time. What is the CPU when all bypassed? What is when you unbypass each plugin one at a time?

1 Like

Also, have you optimized your PC for best audio performance?

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will try those two suggestions tomorrow.

1 Like

Are you sure of your link? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I am now! LOL

1 Like

Really, @magic32 wrote he is a Mac user :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But this could perhaps help:

https://gigperformer.com/optimize-your-mac-for-a-gig/

1 Like

Ooops i did it again… This is embarrassing! You know what happened? I remembered reading AMD and I thought that was the processor (it was graphics)… Which of course would mean PC. :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you all for your help so far. I found that Nectar 3 has latency of 16ms. I am now looking for something to replace my lead vocals with Compressor, EQ, De-Esser, Reverb, Delay etc. Nectar 3 allowed me to create an EFX chain. Is there a better similar replacement or should I get individual plugins?

Tried Nectar today (as it was mentioned in another post) an there are some issues with the detected latency:
When you load it up “clean” (internally theres is only comp and EQ activated) it shows 1ms latency
When you activate “harmony” latency inreases to 56,4ms (which is obvious as harmony calculation is a busy task).
Now, when you switch harmony back off, the latency keeps showing 56,4ms!

Is this because latency calculation always keeps the highest value ever recognized?
If this is the fact then every user of this plugin should exactly know what plugin-internal processing he wants to use before loading it up.
Once set (I hope) latency should hopefully keep constant.

You have to Remove Harmoniy Not only bypass

Ah, that solves “the problem”…

Must get rid of these “bypass means not there” thing inside my head when using GP :nerd_face: