Latency of Virtual Audio Cable

I used ASIO Link Pro for several months. Works very well. As I mentioned above, kind of difficult to figure out the interface. I created a thread about it here last September.

For Windows users that need something like this, it does what it does better than any of the alternatives that I’ve found.

However, in the context that djh created this thread, ASIO Link is not something I’d recommend him suggesting in a GP blog. It’s completely unsupported, it’s not particularly intuitive, and in my several months of use on two different computers it was not “set it and forget it.” It would stop working on me about once a week, leading to “I’m getting no sound and I don’t know why.” Once I figured out what was happening it’s easy enough to get it restarted. It’s just a bit of a pain. Enough of a pain that I stopped using it.

Regarding “what he did was remove the licensing…” Last I saw it was still being distributed as an executable installer, with a separate “patch” that modifies the dll’s to override the authorization check.