Korg Wavestate plug-in

Just discovered that Korg released a plugin version of their Wavestate. The action on the keyboard is not very good but it really sounds terrific. I’m going to download the demo version and see how much CPU the Wavestate plug-in uses in GP4.

I only know a Wavestation plugin.

It is new:

And there is another new one:

And it is $149 during 2 weeks then $199. Hurry up!
Edit: $49 for those who own the Wavestate hardware

$149 is expensive, for both nearly $300,-.

Are they worth it…?

It is worth it if you think it is justified by your wishes and needs
@ahutnick is thrilled about this plugin and the question does not seem to arise for him :wink:

Personally, I do not buy a product because it seems to be a good deal but because I want it - and when I can afford to purchase it :grimacing:

But after the fact, after my money was spent, I sometimes wonder whether it was worth it :thinking: :rofl:

3 Likes

There is a demo for Wavestate so you can try it out and see if it’s really worth getting.

Korg Plugins are known to crash from time to time…
Someone said: If it works, don’t touch it. :wink:

So far the Wavestate demo has been working well both as a standalone and in GP4 and Logic. Sounds really good to me. The keyboard action on the hardware version was not very good and the construction of it looks flimsy

I ended up buying the Wavestate as it really is a very good sounding plugin. The Wavestate plug-in has a latency amount listed in GP. Not sure of the amount cause I’m not near my computer.

could you please post how much when you´re at your GP computer ?

The Latency listed is 52 samples (1.2 ms)

1 Like

ok, thats not a big deal. / Thanks

Originally I was thinking about buying the hardware version of the Wavestate but I was disappointed with the keyboard action and it didn’t look very soundly constructed so that made me change my mind. Good sounds and you can import up to 4GB of user samples

Unfortunately that is true. Yesterday I stepped through the presets of the Korg Opsix native VST3 on my Macbook Pro M1 in a GigPerformer Rackspace. After trying a lot of presets I tried the search function… the Opsix with GigPerformer crashed to the desktop without warning. That was my first crash with GigPerformer 4 and a VST plugin on my MacBook. Now I think, that I can’t trust the Opsix Vst for a live gig and that is a shame because some sounds are great.

Please report to Korg

They can’t reproduce the crash. As a workaround I should use the AU-Version. That works so far.

When it crashes do you get a crash report? If so please post it here

Where do I find the crash report, I have sent “the original” to Apple…

Here is the report attached
GigPerformer4-2022-04-11-190547.txt (169.2 KB)