Keeping sound on sustain changing from Songpart to another Songpart

Hi specialists,

I would like to optimize my workflow.
I use two food switch pedals to choose songparts, one for forward (next song part) one for backwards (previous song part).
If I now change from one song part to the next,
Let’s say from a pure Piano to a Piano and Strings, I would like to keep the sound of the first part, until I play the first note in the second part.

In other words. I play the last chord with part one (just piano) and keep it with the sustain pedal, switch, while holding the sustain, to part two, but do not want to hear the strings until I play the first new notes to song part two.

I thing I saw such a functionality before, but cannot find it anymore…

Thanks!
Flodder

Do a search for “Plug-in Persist” (by David-San) (if you are switching variations) and “patch persist” (if you are switching rackspaces).

Hmmm - I don’t know if Plugin Persist works between song parts as I don’t use songs much. But if song parts come from different Rackspaces, the idea is first to enable Patch Persist for those Rackspaces.

In my case this will not work I guess.
I need the „opposite“ functionality.
I will try it with bypassing and un- bypassing.

Why not use patch persist and release the sustain pedal just before playing the first note in songpart 2?

I have to chance my setup.
I am working with different volume levels from on to the other song part.
instead of working with „0“ volume I think I need to bypass or somehow manage to block the sound if I do not need it.
I will try and report.
Thanks
Flodder

If you set your song part variations to block MIDI Note On messages to the relevant plugins rather than bypassing the plugins themselves, then you are effectively bypassing/un-bypassing the MIDI feed, so that the sound rings out in the old song part, and the new song part doesn’t make a sound until you press the next note. NOTE: do not block any MIDI Note Off messages, as you want the note release to end the notes of the sounds in the old song part.

Hi Dave,

thanks for the info.
Can you give me an example how that works?

….I got it!
Thanks, that works as I want it!
:star_struck:

How exactly do I proceed, i.e. what do I need to set in which menu to make it work?

What do you reference in the different song parts?
Variations from different rackspaces or different variations of the the same rackspace?

I have now tentatively created the first song for my next musical project and would like to switch between the individual sounds in such a way that the current sound is still held when the keys are pressed, even if I have already switched to the next song part and the rack space changes because I need a completely different sound. For example, I should be able to hold the strings in part T10 until I have switched to part T18 and then continue playing directly with the celesta without any interruption between the held string tone and the celesta.

Ich habe nun versuchsweise mal den ersten Song meines nächsten Musicalprojektes angelegt und möchte zwischen den einzelnen Sounds so wechseln, dass jeweils der aktuelle Sound bei gedrückten Tasten noch gehalten wird auch wenn ich schon in den nächsten Songpart geschalten habe und damit das Rackspace sich ändert weil ich einen komplett anderen Sound benötige. Zum Beispiel sollte ich die Streicher im Part T10 halten können bis ich in Part T18 gewechselt habe und dann direkt mit der C

Take a look at MIDI patch persist option in the rackspace

So schnell ist Hilfe da :slight_smile: Danke :slight_smile:

Does it work?

Yes, Problem solved, thank you :slight_smile: