Incorporating percussion loops/beat maker into GP4

I’m more of a performer and a little slow on the tech side, but steadily learning. Simply put, our group is performing the Joe Cocker version of “Feelin’ Alright” and I want to use a good Latin percussion loop in GP4 that is either similar to or something I can create. Where do I start?

Maybe this thread is helpful: Gig Performer’s “Built In” Looper! (And how to use it)

2 Likes

There are two ways you could do this

1. You would create your loop in a DAW where you could build up all the percussion parts you need.

2. Then export the created loop either as an audio file which you could then loop using GP’s audio player or export it as a MIDI file and use GP’s MIDI player. However, for the latter, you would still need a plugin that has percussion sounds in it thst would be triggered,

I would recommend generating an audio file.

If you don’t want to create the percussion track yourself, you can probably find a MIDI file of the song online and you could import that into your DAW and use the percussion track only to create an audio file you would loop.

Alternatively, you could use your DAW to create 5,10 or 15 minutes worth of looping, generate a single long audio file and play it back using GP’s streaming audio player.

3 Likes