Importing multiple rackspaces

Can you drag a single rackspace in?

OK. I just tried this on latest Win10 Home, latest GP.

I started NEITHER Gig Performer NOR Explorer explicitly in Admin mode.

I started GP with the shift key down, opening an empty project.

I highlighted 3 exported rackspaces in Explorer and dragged the 3 files into the Rackspace pane on the left.

All 3 were imported perfectly.

Yeah, whatever is going on here, itā€™s not specifically a Gig Performer issue but I have no idea why itā€™s not working in this particular situation

Yeah, I did the same.
No issues.

Holy smokes! An exported Scarbee Classic EP-88s rackspace (with only Kontakt 6 to host it) was over 3MB! Just sayinā€™.

I just did the same as ā€œthemaartianā€ā€¦no problems.

No I canā€™t.

Do I have to rebuild the computer.

Please donā€™t do that

In the past, I used to reinstall Windows when something similar to this happened. If all the above testers posted positive results, then what are my choices in the end? It seems Iā€™m the only one unable to do this.

Did you try exporting the rackspaces to a new folder and then drag from there?

Well, it seems that I have a corrupted Win 10 install. I installed GP on my desktop machine and managed to drag and drop several files which loaded in a few seconds. Iā€™m presently reviewing my options.

I had a drive image about two months old, so installed that. No change though as the rackspaces still wonā€™t import.

Could you

• open a gig file
  • export a .rackspace onto your desktop
  • start a new gig
  • try to drag and drop from your desktop to the GP rackspace area?

I just tried that. It still doesnā€™t work. Looks like a 8 hour Windows rebuild coming up.

It is preferable to understand the issue than to install Windows again, or you will have consider installing Windows again and againā€¦ if it solves the problem, which is not sure at allā€¦

That will change NOTHING ā€” do not do that ā€” this issue needs to be figured out and simply rebuilding your system is not the way to go

1 Like

So I just did a quick desktop sharing session with @bigalminal and sure enough, dragging wasnā€™t working. I noticed that GP was owned by the SYSTEM and other applications were owned by ā€œAdministratorā€ so I changed GPā€™s ownership accordingly. That made no difference.
Then I unchecked ā€œRun as adminā€ and now it works. I have no idea whether both of these changes were necessary, or I was just lucky.

Also, his GP Icon has a strange Yellow/Blue shield on it - I have no idea what that means, Iā€™ve never seen it before. Anyone know what that is?

Thatā€™s a UserAccountControl icon in Windows, indicating the app uses Administrative rights to run.

Well thatā€™s what I thought except that I unchecked the option to run as administrator and the icon is still there.