IK multimedia Hammond B-3x plugin issue

I’m having an issue with the Hammond b3x in GP and hoping someone can help. The plugin seems to work fine when I put it in a rack initially. Once I close GP
And reopen it, go to the rack with b3 in it, the plugin is silent. When I try to open the plugin, it opens up as a small window and either eventually opens up the full window or doesn’t open beyond the small window at all. It also seems like it’s not saving the sound in b3 that I had saved previously.

For what it’s worth, I’m also encountering the same issue with Boost which amplifies the volume of any plugin I insert it into. The only difference is with boost, if I take it out of the rack, the plugin it was associated with usually will produce a sound again.

Hi Bryan
I have seen that ‘small window’ issue before, on a different plugin. A window is present, but is as small as it can be and its size cannot be increased. Unfortunately it was a while ago and I’m struggling to remember the details. I think I had to reinstall the plugin or update it.

Do you use macOS? If so, I definitely wouldn’t use AUs.

I wonder if your system is having a problems handling the CPU demands that B-3X requires. It is a very CPU intensive plugin. (Maybe “Boost” too?)

When it runs, what CPU usage does GP show?

Jeff

Hi Jeff - doubt that’s the issue. It’s a year old Macbook Pro running the M2 chip with 24GB RAM and 1TB HDD.

1 Like

Yes. I have been using AU’s…for some reason, the scan for the VST for IK Hammond B3-X failed and I have no idea of how to figure out why or fix that.

What Mac are you using?
Intel or M1?
Do you use Rosetta?

On my Intel Mac the VST version is validating fine.

The same here, on my MacBook PRO M1 the VST version is validating and working without problems (but with high CPU-load).

My Macbook Pro is an M1. I don’t use Rosetta.

I would rescan the failed plugins. And if that doesn’t work, you have to reinstall B-3x.

I’ve actually done both of those steps already but with no success

What exactly happens when the scan “fails”? Does it give some message?

Is there a standalone version of Hammond B-3x and is it running?

No, no message. I should also mention the stand alone version seems to work fine but obviously doesn’t save the last preset I choose

Do you have a DAW where you can double check the plugin?

Yes, I do have logic

Did you actually delete the entry from the plugin window before rescanning?

I’m also running this plugin on a 2023 MacBook Pro with M2 chip. Don’t know if it was an oversight in but you mentioned AU or VST versions. The M2 chip requires VST 3 in case you were trying to use standard VST.

Just for the sake of it… Never use au plugins… Always try to use VSTs even before VST3s

I had some problems with my rig and found that changing everything to vst and sampling open source synths into kontakt solved the problem…

The problem I have with running VST’s is that I have 98 VST/VST3’s that have failed so I’m somewhat relegated to using AU’s a lot of the time. If anyone has any ideas why so many of these are failing, I’d appreciate hearing from you.