How to step control Pitchwheel (VST3) by semitones or whole steps?

The knobs of all widgets can only increase or decrease linearly. Is there a way to do this without writing additional scripts?

thanks!

Yes, you can adjust the widget curve

With Shift Click on the Ramp Symbol you can define steps.

3 Likes

I’m a newbie and don’t know how to operate it. Can you help me make a customizable part or video tutorial? Thanks!

My operation is for the software plug-in, not the hardware.
The plug-in appears.

Also, I’m very curious about how you made the slope so regular and even?

By doing precisely what @pianopaul told you to do: With Shift Click on the Ramp Symbol you can define steps.

1 Like

Thank you for your replies!
Supplement: The final operation is that the button rotates step by step instead of sliding like the default.
I am a beginner and don’t understand programming or functions.

Can you record a video of the operation for me to learn from? Thanks!

What Operation?
The Widget with this special scaling curve acts like a pitch bend on a synth producing a glissando.

Hello, Tim,

I think you have to read through this thread carefully (especially Paul’s instructions), dig into the manual and try to follow the suggestions here.

Also, I did the following search in Youtube: gig performer widgets

It pulls up several very helpful videos on using widgets. (Be aware of the date of the video and be aware of possible changes in Gig Performer versions since then)

Frankly, I ask a lot here too (and I am grateful for Paul’s, David’s, and many other responses). But, the people active here can’t put together videos of every minute detail of every question.

Maybe try to do what they are suggesting and come back with your specific questions.

Jeff

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff! Your suggestions are very useful. I am also trying to follow the aspects that I know very little about, and also follow the replies of friends above, especially Paul’s reply. Thank you very much for your help. Although my problem is still not solved, I also I learned a little bit about how to edit parts!

If a friend happens to encounter and solve my problem, I hope you can share your experience or a working document so that I can check what you have edited. Thank you again!

Thanks!

I followed Paul’s method, and after repeated attempts, I was finally able to edit 10 steps, but the method Paul gave was 11 steps. Although my VST3 plug-in pitchwheel has 12 tones, the button value is only 10, so it is good to be able to raise and lower 5 tones respectively, but now I have a new problem: I can only edit 10 steps, and the button steps The number of advances is 10, and the last one rising to the right is blank, as you can see from the blue progress bar of the button in the picture. I’m a math idiot and can’t put in the exact values to get 11 steps. Paul, can you share your documentation of the 11 steps curve for me to learn from? Thanks!

Shift click on the ramp and type in a number.
Does that not work?

I don’t understand what you mean by rotating the clock. If you rotate the button, the curve value will not change, that is, the result cannot be obtained automatically.

I saw that the picture you responded to earlier showed 11 steps, which is exactly what I need.

terribly sorry! I don’t know how to operate the method you mentioned. Can you record a short video for me to learn? Thanks!

Did you read the user manual how to set a curve?
In the curve editor just shift click on the ramp symbol at the left side.

@timhongbo

Here you are, step by step :slight_smile:
Link: Step function generator

Maybe related: 8step widget scale for fader (example)

2 Likes

Thank you for the examples! Verified that what @pianopaul and @dhj told me was the right way to do it, I’m just stupid!

Thank you for your eager and prompt help!

Have fun with yourselves!