How can I change my keyboard send channel

Because you block NoteOn messages when the widget is ON, and what you want is to activate the channel when the widget is ON, so you need to invert the value.

Ok, I see. Tomorrow.

1 Like

I think I am of the conclusion that an m audio keystation 61es does not send midi in the omni provision. Just on channel at a time. Does anyone know of this? If this is the case I don’t think this will work!

My last gig uses 16 MIDI In Blocks and each MIDI In Block translates from Channel 1 to a different channel - except the 1st MIDI In block, which does not translate but leave Channel 1.

So your keyboard should send on Channel 1 and when you connect all 16 MIDI In blocks to your VST plugin you can simulate a Keyboard which sends on all 16 Channels.

Super! Thanks!

Rather than focusing on the possibilities of your hardware rig, perhaps you could explain us exactly what you would like to achieve ? Perhaps we could help differently… I don’t know…

Well, I don’t read music. I play everything basically in the key of c. I was brought up in a home with an organ. I love computer stuff and electronics. I always wanted one of those huge theater pipe organs but I also love orchestras. I also play bass upright and guitar and have had the privilege and pleasure of playing with some decent sized orchestras. So, I now have an instrument that pretty much satisfies my musical desires thanks to modern electronics, computers and software. With the help of a program like Gig Performer I can combine all of these things together to perform pretty nice pieces. All I am lacking now is a way to incorporate some kind of auto rhythm system into my setup.

What do you mean by that ?

I have seen some soft ware out there that mimics the auto accompaniment stuff you would find on a lot of these portable keyboards these days. Haven’t tried anything yet.

I see, so you are probably looking something like that:

https://www.varranger.com/

I heard about it from @olive, another GP user, but I don’t know much about it.

Yeah, it’s a bit pricey.