High CPU with Basic Rackspace

But your script can be very long because it has to check which variation is selected to do the correct things, right?

Thanks for the kind words — the good news is that we continue to do serious work on GP so it will keep getting even better.

2 Likes

Why doesn’t that surprise me?! Excellent!
P.S. finally resurrected my live repertoire with a fund raising gig last weekend so hope to be back in touch with Larry soon with a video! H

Scripting is always in context of a rackspace.
Callbacks like on WidgetValueChanged or on Variation could be very useful.

I understand not duplicating rackspaces because each rackspace uses ram.

But, my preferred option would be to create different songs/song parts and reuse rackspaces.

GP allows you to have some flexibility in using that rackspace, capturing different widget settings for a particular song (volume being an important one) (as well as transpose and some other particularization in the Song Edit window).

The great Tom Bukovac (who is not a plugin guy) says “Good tone is heavy and hard to carry.” lol

While my band does work off a setlist, occasionally our vocalist reads the audience and “calls an audible”. In which case I us cmd-f to locate the song.

I put an extra song in each set so we can skip one if needed. Much quicker and easier to skip than add a song.