Helix Native 3.50 Crashes

Stage fright?

3 Likes

I assume youā€™ve already ruled this out: Wifi network. Works (probably) at home, but not or very flaky somewhere else?

My rig is never hooked up to WiFi at a gig though, only at home. I could try disabling the
wifi adapter, but I donā€™t see why the network adapter would be causing intermittent crashing
when it is not connected to wifiā€¦

That is a significant difference!

Oh I can see why!

Not the network adapter butā€¦if your plugin is trying to connect to a remote server (either for licensing reasons or for updating checking) and it canā€™t get through, that could be causing a problem. Most plugins are smart enough to recognize that thereā€™s no actual connection and so they just give up, but maybe the Helix isnā€™t properly detecting this and trying to connect anyway and not properly handling failure. Just a guess but worth testing.

That makes so much sense, and actually is the only difference I can see right now. Great idea, I will
go with that. Gonna test later on todayā€¦

1 Like

0fd05b96-99b9-4f2f-8dd4-fed4e0b134ac.zip (25.1 KB)

Here is the dump from a crash from my Helix Rig I just got.

What specific version of Gig Performer are you running? Is it from Deskew or from Plugin Alliance?

It is from Deskew. 4.5.8

Hello Charles, just for curiosity, is the random crash still happening? Have you updated the Helix native to 3.61? Are you still using the vst3 format? Any other update that you might have? Thanks

This crash stopped happening with the fix of Helix Native 3.51
Line 6 acknowledged the issue and fixed it.

1 Like