Hardware Recommendations for a Midi Control Surface for Live Performance with GP3

Did you perform an actual search for the script or did you just browse?

Browse. Didn’t notice the magnifying glass. Now I see it. Note: I was looking on my 13" Mac, which is small for me to read. Easier to see that mag glass on my 15" Windows machine.

Old thread, but my thoughts on MIDI control surfaces (not as spendy or tank-like but “good” for weekend giggers or jam sessions:

I’ve used an Akai MidiMix for years with no problems. Recommended. But I am about to try a Novation Launchcontrol ($50 more) because it has 60mm faders (twice as long as the MidiMix), multiple sets of programmed presets, and toggle/momentary switch selection. I think these are both good low-cost choices — each fader and knob can be programmed to a separate MIDI channel and CC or note. Both are USB MIDI only; no DIN-5 ports. Both are bus powered.

An interesting feature of the MidiMix is the Send All button. It sends the values of every control with a button push. At the start of a gig I can synch up the settings for all synced Gig Performer controls with one button push. I often zero out everything and set up levels and sends dependent on venue acoustics.

I have just ordered a used dinopark mobile ex. I already have a makrepro controller which looks and works very nice. So I couldn’t resist :wink: