GP Selector: Song and Rackspace Selector Extension

This was the first extension I created, but it didn’t have its own topic here in the forum.
I have just updated it to work with Gig Performer 5 (no new features). The extension files can be downloaded from the Releases page on GitHub.

193566984-a2c4be98-ed7f-4821-98a0-c5a9e30c0a48

Overview

An extension for Gig Performer that provides an additional resizable window for selecting rackspaces/variations or songs/parts. It has two display modes: a compact list of rackspaces/songs, or an expanded window with a large display of the current and previous/next rackspace or song.

The visibility of the window can also be controlled via widgets (e.g. it could be triggered by an external MIDI controller).

The variations and song parts can have custom colours defined via a preferences file (based on keywords). Further details are listed on the GitHub readme.

8 Likes

Thank you so much! bye Harry

2 Likes

Awesome :beers:

1 Like

I’ve released an update that fixes a critical issue that may cause a crash when changing songs by MIDI or OSC. If you use this extension, please update asap.

5 Likes

I love your extension! Is the update for v5 only? I’m still on 4.

Yeah, the last few updates are GP5 only. Do you use MIDI or OSC to change songs?

2 Likes

No and I certainly won’t start now! LOL

:scream:

What are you waiting for :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Also, @rank13 , Auto-Scroll is VERY nice!! Thanks!

2 Likes

The Nemanja discount! :wink:

Create a support ticket to see what are you entitled to :slight_smile:

1 Like

My apologies if this is not the right space for this question.

I was looking at the GitHub page and noticed it is possible to color code variations. Is there a method to color code rackspaces, as well? If not, is this something you would be willing to consider or already have in the pipeline? (This would be helpful in the Gig Performer app, as well, if anyone is listening.)

My reasoning for asking… the group I play with does not use set lists. Songs get called off on the fly depending on requests and the feel of the audience. When a song is called off, I have to switch horns (saxes and/or EWI), change horn chart on the iPad, and navigate to the correct rackspace for the song. Having key rackspaces highlighted with specific colors would help with finding it quickly for those songs where I have to be ready as quickly as possible. (Currently, I have about 65 rackspaces.) Being a horn player, there are often times I have a bit more time to get everything set. But when I have to move quicker, having select rackspaces highlighted in some way would be a life saver.

Yes, sure. I will start looking into adding this.

1 Like

@Sternen please try this new release, which also applies the colors to the rackspace/song buttons.

There are also two new settings you can add to the preferences file to be able to control whether the colors are applied to rackspaces/songs or variations/parts (or both).

Let me know how it goes.

4 Likes

Looking forward to trying this out soon. I’ve been traveling since Feburary for work, time to return next week to my GP rig!

1 Like

@rank13

Your latest version that is compatible with GP5 omits the chord pro feature (again). For my use case that is the most key feature. Can this be added back?

bk

That’s now a different extension.

4 Likes

rank13, Thanks for the heads up! I am excited to give it a try. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rank13,

I played with the newest version over the weekend and am running into a bit of an issue. Have you seen this before?

I edited the config file and chose my keywords to be “green” and “red” with corresponding color hex codes. I added those keywords to my rackspaces and GP Selector is showing the colors. YAY!!

However, when I scroll in the selector to a rackspace that isn’t currently visible in the selector list (I have a LOT of rackspaces) it snaps back so that the currently selected rackspace is either at the top or the bottom of the selector list. i can’t get to a rackspace that is further up or further down in the list than those rackspaces currently displayed on the screen in GP Selector.

If I use GP’s rackspace list to navigate GP Selector will jump to the currently selected rackspace.

I hope this makes sense. I have uploaded here with a test gigfile.

I am hopeful to be able to get this working, becuae it is EXACTLY what I need.

Many thanks!

Selector Test.gig (613.4 KB)

@rank13

I couldn’t attach it, but here is a link to a .mov file in Google Drive of a screen recording that demonstrates what I am seeing.

Screen Recording

Oh, and if it makes a difference I am on a Macbook pro currently running Sonoma 14.4.1