GP doesnt remember korg triton extreme vst patch selection

Hi,
I’m new to GP.

I am having an issue with the Korg Collection 4 VST.
I created multiple rackspaces with the aim of replicating my Kronos 88 and Kronos 61 hardware rig. (I currently use my kronos’es as my controllers), but hope to go full VST, once I’m confident I no longer need the Kronos’s.

I use the kronos 88 to select the correct rackspace for a particular song using the kronos msb/lsb/patch #.
In the rackspace, I select the Korg Triton Extreme VST plugin and select the patch I want to use in the triton VST (example: string pad).
Everything appears to work correctly. But if I quit GP, and then relaunch GP and select the rackspace again, the Korg Triton Extreme VST doesnt pull up the correct patch (String Pad). It appears to pull up a random patch. This is happening for all of the rackspaces.

Has anyone experienced this issue? What am I doing wrong?

thank you in advance

Well, the name of a plugin patch is usually not retrieved, but the patch itself should.

Thats what I would expect, but that’s not what’s happening.

What in GP recalls the patch in a plugin VST?

GP does not recall a patch.
It loads the saved state of a plugin.

1 Like

I believe it should return to precisely what was in the rackspace when you last saved the Gig File (the “saved state”). (Within the forum, you can look up “saved state” to read some interesting posts on this).

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply.

So if I create a rackspace with 3 instances of korg Triton plugin, and select 3 different patches. I should expect the 3 patches to be recalled next time I select the rackspace? Because that’s not what’s happening.

What happens when you only use 1 instance of the plugin?
How do you select the rackspace?

Yes, absolutely. This is the regular way GP works. As explained by @pianopaul, GP stores the current state of the plugin and send it back to it next time it is needed. Do you have the choice between VST and VST3. If yes, you could try the other one…

1 Like

Yes. I choose VST3.

Is it possible that the external Kronos msb/lsb midi patch commands affect the plugin VST patch selection?

This major issue is stopping me from proceeding with recreating my hardware keyboard setup.

Therefore I asked how you select the rackspace.
What happens when you select the rackspace directly in Gig Performer?

2 Likes

I setup a static midi patch in the rackspace variant that matches the same midi patch # in my hardware setup.
(I want to be able to have the flexibility to choose between using hardware synths or GP VSTs, depending on the gig)

Eventually, I want to select the rackspace using bandhelper.

Please select the rackspace directly in Gig Performer, does it work?

Then we can check how to select via Kronos

What platform are you on? I just tried exactly what you described using the TRITON Extreme (two instances on the same rackspace) — I changed the presets and when I saved the gig file and reopened it, the exact same presets were still there (this is on an Intel Mac running 12.6.2)

1 Like

I have had this happen on occasion (maybe when something is updated). It is good you know the patch you used (a reason I am glad I have a duplicate backup computer with GP).

If you selected the correct patch (String Pad), save the Gig File, and close GP and restart, I wonder if it works.(I have done that and not had a issue with that patch again).

1 Like

Just to be sure…
you don’t expect that variations of one rackspace will call different vst presets, do you?

3 Likes

I’m running GP on a surface pro 9.
My controllers are a kronos 2-61 and a kronos 2-88. with the kronos 2-88 being the keyboard that sends the patch change using msb, lsb, patch #.

My plan is to eventually use a Nektar 88 as my main controller, use bandhelper to select the rackspaces, and leave the Krono’s home.

no.
I plan on having one rackspace per song. no variations.
Each rackspace variation property will be assigned a permanent program change number and have a unique PC#, and Bank MSB, LSB number that matches my existing patch in bandhelper and the Kronos 88.

Can you upload a small gig with some rackspaces, so we could check the issue you have?

1 Like

In some very specific situation, it could be the case. But, the idea is to process step by step and that’s why @pianopaul asked you to try to change the rackspaces manually and not using program changes.

Please be sure that your patches are properly set, save the gig file, reload it and try to change the Rackspaces manually as @pianopaul suggested.

2 Likes

@tmatos75 ,

how looks your Global MIDI options?