GP doesn't load my rackspaces!

Hi
I’m sad that GP is so unstable.
This morning, I’m working on my stage set and everything is fine.
Tonight, I can’t load the rackspaces anymore.
The gauge stops at 27 percent (4th song out of 14) and I can’t do anything.
I tried with version 2.6 and it loads everything (with errors because I saved this set under 3.5)
It’s very annoying because I absolutely have to get my rackspaces back.

I’m on Windows 7 with le latest GP version

You have the possibility to save using the legacy mode:

https://gigperformer.com/docs/Userguide35/filemenu.html

Clearly something must have changed. The rackspaces that you say aren’t loading in the evening, are those the same ones that were loading properly in the morning? Were you able to save and reload them that morning?

Try to set predicive load to 3 and load th gig again.
Then switch through all your rackspaces.

How long have you had GP? Clearly this has happened before or GP was crashing on you is that correct? Was it the same problem or something different?

If you didn’t change anything something else clearly changed. Here are the two prime suspects.

1. Your hard drive has a problem and it hangs loading your plugins/samples
  2. Your anti-virus/security software updated and one of your plugins is trying to do something that your AV is blocking

Neither will clearly be in the GP domain, but this may give you a clue on what could be going on.

I have been using GP for 2 years.
My hard drive is a SSD and the utility program says that everything is correct
I’ve no anti-virus on the music computer (no internet)

Yes, but to save, I would already have to be able to load

Many Thanks Pianopaul !

In the GP setting => advanced, the predicive load was not checked
I’ve check it and all my rackspaces have been loaded !

Just to be sure, I have desactived the predicive load and the same problem came up again

I don’t know why this box prevents loading, but my problem is solved.:slightly_smiling_face:

Hang on, the problem may not yet be solved. Predictive loading means that not all plugins are loaded immediately. Can you please select the rackspace that was not loading originally and let us know what happens.

I’m not sure how to reconcile “GP is so unstable” with “I’ve been using GP for two years”

Clearly there is an issue but there could be any number of reasons something has stopped working properly and we need to figure out what it is.

Great the you are making some progress!

Has GP been stable for 2 years and you continued using it? What other instabilities did you encounter in those 2 years?

As @dhj already mentioned - it is unlikely that your problem has been solved. What predictive loading does is defer the loading of the plugins that you do not currently need. This confirms the the issue is in some of your plugins. You’ll have to figure out which ones.
If you updated any recently - the would be my first guess.

Indeed, I should have said: GP is less and less stable. I find that the old versions were more stable.

So, my problem is not solved and I understand less and less.
The 5th rackspace is concerned. I haven’t changed anything in this rackspace for a very long time (I’m working on the 12th at the moment).
I have exported all my rackspaces and when I open a blank GP and import this rackspace, GP does nothing.

What plugins are you using in this problematic rackspace?
Do you have Internet Access enabled?

Can you upload the problematic rackspace?

Coming_back_to_life.rackspace (43.2 KB)

this is the rackspace

On my Mac I can import it without any issue, but I do not have any of the plugins.
I would recommend that you move the used plugins (vst-files to a different name) so that gig performer
cannot load the plugins.
This way the rackspace could be loaded.
Then you “restore” 1 plugin by 1 and always import the rackspace.
This way it should be possible to find the problematic plugin.
Are you able to do that?

I’ll try to do that.

But I managed to load the rackspace twice in a blank GP. (it doesn’t work every time)
But I think the problem is the midi input plugin.
When I try to delete or replace it, GP crashes.
Even when I try to remove the wire that connects him to Sample Tank 3, he also crashes.

Did you submit a crash report to us?

It’s not really a crash, but GP no longer responds and I am forced to force the stop

I could open this rackspace as well, but same as @pianopaul - I do not have all the plugins.
If you are 100% absolutely sure that you did NOT update ANY of the plugins in that rackspace - I see only 2 possibilities which are basically the same ones I already stated

1 - Sample Tank (or some other plugin) is trying to load samples and is unable to do that for one reason or another
2 - Network… maybe one of the plugins wants to have network access every x number of months and refuses to run.

Btw… SSDs fail just like any other disks. Not saying this is the issue, but if you have a backup with your samples - try it.

I am not sure though why did you say that GP is less stable. None of the issues I see so far are GP related. Please understand that if a plugin within GP fails - the entire GP will fail.
As you could verify from your experiment with predictive loading - one of the plugins in that rackspace is bringing your entire system down.

If anything - GP has been improved and made more stable with every iteration. It is something we pay a REALLY, REALLY close attention to.

I just tried one thing:
I opened GP v2.6 and imported my rackspace.
Everything works very well! No crash, the midi controllers are working and the sound is there!

Could you do us a favour and do the following.

• Remove one external plugin from your rackspace, export it as a new rackspace and import into 3.5
  • Repeat the process until you find the plugin that has the problem.

Please start with Sample Tank

Thanks.