GP doesn't load my rackspaces!

I did that. I did that. But it’s complicated because I was able to load the rackspace after removing the reverb (Toraverb) but after doing some wire manipulation to see if it didn’t crash, I came out (without saving) and then I couldn’t recharge the rackspace.
The failure is very random. Sometimes it works, but not often.

I use toraverb in almost all my rackspaces and I don’t think it comes from there (there’s almost nothing left in my rackspace)
I continue by removing the last 2 plugins

Yes I agree, but if, with each version change there are plugins that crash the system…
The only difference between yesterday morning (where everything was going very well and yesterday evening is the change of GP version)

I reloaded all my rackspaces in version 2.6 and exported them. After a few touch-ups (keyboard split) everything is fine. So I stay on 2.6 (too bad I didn’t keep the previous 3.xx)

I wasted a lot of time this weekend on it and I have a rehearsal this week.

I’m really sorry you are having a problem and several people are trying to help figure out what’s going on.
Having said that, it’s really a bad idea to install an update (ANY update of ANY product) if you don’t have several weeks to deal with any issues. This has been mentioned numerous times on these forums. Those of us who tour (and I’m one of them) know this deeply. Never change anything at the last minute.

The good news is that you do at least have a version of GP that will let you perform your show

Regarding your anti-virus, two questions — I know you said you’re not connected to the internet, but you must have been connected to have been able to activate GP 3.x. Have you actually uninstalled Windows Defender? We know for certain that many AV products can screw up GP updates.

Also, after installing the new GP3, did you reboot your computer?

Suggest a review of any gpscript as this was the source of some issue with my SampleTank rackspace.

If you can load that reverb plugin in all your other rackspaces - I wouldn’t think it’s that plugin.
Have you tried removing SampleTank plugins from that rackspace, exporting it and then importing it into 3.5 ?

Please understand that technologies change and get updated. VST plugin specifications and interfaces change and you have to keep your plugins updated to make sure they work with newer hosts. If you update GP, but not update your plugins - you could have an issue. This is very rare, but it could happen.

I don’t think my plugins are involved.
I quickly recreated a rackspace with sampletank, kontakt and blue3. With many effects (including toraverb). In short, a well loaded rackspace!
There is no problem to load it and play with it.
It is really the fact of loading the old version rackspaces with version 3.5 that is a problem.
Occasionally, I’ll redo my rackspaces entirely.

I have found that on more than one occasion, GP will PERMANENTLY CORRUPT some rackspaces, ensuring they can never again be opened. :frowning: The only solution I’ve found is to rebuild the rackspace from scratch. This leads me to generally prefer creating separate rackspaces PER SONG, even if a single rackspace is simple and could otherwise be shared across several songs.

Can you give us reproducible steps for this? In particular, could you make a copy of the gigfile before you modify it and then once it won’t load again, a copy of that so we can compare them.

I realize that someone has to be the first to report any given bug but I would have expected to have heard about this from many users if their gigfile were getting corrupted.

Thanks

I’m not suggesting this is the problem that @rmirabelle had, but I have quickly ‘corrupted’ a gigfile before by loading GP and then closing it before it was fully loaded. GP asks if you want to save the gigfile anyway, and if Yes is clicked (as I did by accident before I realized the consequence), GP saves a partially loaded gigfile under the same name as the gigfile it was attempting to load prior to shutdown.

Perhaps GP could check to verify the gigfile is fully loaded before prompting for a save?

If and when I experience another corrupted rackspace, I’ll do my best to post everything up here.

That is very strange. Loading/saving happens on the main GUI thread so it shouldn’t be possible to start saving before it has finished loading.