GP as Host

Just loaded the trial, will Roland Fantom 07 work as controller along with still using 07 sounds. Direct w USB or would I need an interface ?
Tjx

1 Like

What does the Roland User Manual say?

I think we saw your questions about using GP on Facebook?

As far using Fantom 07 is concerned, you have several choices. I don’t know that particular instrument but I believe it has a built-in audio interface (though I’m not sure how good it is in terms of latency). I believe you have to install a device driver on your computer to be able to use the Roland interface.

Once you do that, the audio from the Fantom is probably available via that interface which means that it will be available to Gig Performer.

If you just want to route that audio right back out to the Fantom’s audio outputs then in GP you would just connect inputs directly to outputs

E.g.
screenshot_7308

Note that if you have VST effects plugins installed, you can route the audio of your Fantom into those effects before sending them out, which gives your Fantom a whole new dimension of possibilities.

Of course, MIDI should also be arriving into GIg Performer and so you can connect MIDI In blocks to synth plugins as well - for example

screenshot_7310

@jrreid I use a Fantom 07 as a controller and a sound source at every gig I do. It works very well in that scenario as is also very stable as an audio interface with good latency. I only recently switched from using it for audio to using a MOTU M4 as an audio interface so that I could also have a controllable Mic input.

You can see more details of my rig here: Dave Boulden

1 Like