GP 3.8.1 cannot find Native Instrument plugins, locates others just fine

TL:DR this issue has been resolved. It was due to a mixup in locations of the 64 and vst3 plugins. Thanks to all involved.

Hi there!

For a project i am mixing modeled instruments with sampled instruments, and i would like to try some things with KONTAKT and REAKTOR. I cannot seem to get GP3.8.1 to find the plugins though. I have checked the directories multiple times, did several re-installs and re-scanned and re-scanned again. Yet nothing…

My VST3 folder is C:\VST3
I can run Komplete Kontrol in standalone and access the plugins. I can run reaper and use them.
I’ve set that same directory in all programs.
In GP3.8.1. other plugins do show up yet literally zero Native Instrument plugins show up.

Any reason as to why that would be?

kind regards,
Gerk

Did you set the path correctly for scanning your VST3 foolder via the manage button.

Your path you write is C:\VST3
But in the screenshot of yours I see a different path.
And the same path twice.

Maybe the VST3 cannot be validated, do you see them in red at the bottom of the Plugin Manager Window?
Delete the non valid directory entry and leave C:\VST3 only once.

If yes, delete this entries and do a rescan again,

https://gigperformer.com/pluginlocations/

Where do you see a different path?
It c:\VST3 in both cases ?
And again, it works in reaper, which i have searching the same directory?
i will remove the second entry to c:\VST3, but i just put it there after the first one didnt do anything, just " trying to do whatever" to get it work :slight_smile:

Also, more importantly, the other plugins in that directory DO show up .

It doesn’t seem invalidated, it just doesn’t show up at all.
I renamed KONTAKT.DLL to KONTAKT.VST3 once, just to see if that did anything. Then it found it, but invalidated it.

The common files folder you need?

i am not sure i understand.
I keep looking at it and i cannot see what there can be wrong.
How could it find other plugins in that directory , like SWAN, when the directory is wrong?
And how could i open the NI plugins in reaper from the same directory?

I appreciate you taking the time to help!

You wrote you installed NI Plugins in this folder c:\VST3
Please leave that alone and delete the other entries - as they are only needed for scanning.
Then delete red entries and do a search again.

I did this. I have been using GP for quite some time now, I think i got it right.
You have helped me before on this forum to great extend :slight_smile:
So it must be something i am missing.
Again, the other plugins in the same directory do show up, and in Reaper i can use all plugins from that directory.

Are there any plugins marked “red” in the plugin manager’s list?
If so, you should first have a closer look to these…

No red entries show up at all.
It just doesn’t find them.
Removed all other lines
rescanned.
check both the plugins in the directory and the ones in GP3.8.1
All show up EXCEPT the NI ones.

its really weird.
i had Native Acces re-install them 3 times already.

no red entries at all, it just doesn’t find them.

That is really strange, did you reboot your machine?

multiple times.
I’ve had this issue for a few days now, but so far i was busy with other things. In the process i must have rebooted over 5-6 times, also after a clean install from Native Acces.

I see MODO BASS.vst3 and Kontakt.dll
Why different file extensions?

Does any of them appear in the Plugin Window?

i really don’t know why MODObass has that extension. It does show up in the list though, as you can see in the screenshot. I personally didn’t install that one. It was the reason however that, when i first ran into this issue a couple days back, i tried to rename KONTAKT.DLL to KONTAKT.VST3, and that caused GP3.8.1 to locate it, but it was invalidated. After that, i ofcourse renamed it .DLL
then uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

Regardless of the extenstion name though, i cannot figure out why GP only cannot find the NI plugins, whereas Reaper can find all of them.

There must be something wrong with extensions - never rename extensions!

Clear your VST3 - Folder and do a reinstall from NI Acess - if possible.

I renamed them back of course, and then deleted and reinstalled the software.
Reinstalled three times by now.
Again, strangely enough from the beginning they have been working in other software. They are working right now, just not in GP3.8.1

Do me a favour and download the new version GP 4 and try this.
You can test it for some time without having to pay something.

i have been thinking about that, getting my boss to get the upgrade if the problem persists.
Do you know if i can have both programs run alongside each other? I cannot have it interfere with the work i have done so far…

The do not interfere, they can run in parallel