Gig Performer and Music Lab products

Hello,

I use some virtual instruments by MusicLab (RealStrat, RealLPC, RealGuitar). When trying to utilize these with the latest version of GigPerformer (v. 3.1 7), downloaded and installed today, I don’t have audio playback. Here is some further info:
– These instruments all operate with normal MIDI input / audio output when used in the Standalone version.
– These instruments all work as expected in Nuendo 8.3.20 (my DAW)
– Using GIg Performer v.3.1.7
– All other VSTs that I use in GP (Spectrasonics Omnisphere, Keyscape, Trilogy, EastWest products, Kontakt, etc.) also operate normally in GigPerformer
– When using Music Lab products in GP, I see audio output in the GP meters for my audio interface (RME Fireface UFX) but no audio metering indicated in the audio interface and no audio output.

I’m not sure at this point if the issue is with GP or MusicLab, but it appears consistently. I spent about 25 minutes troubleshooting this in a remote session with Gig Performer tech support (which was and is incredibly responsive and helpful, by the way – a big shout out to David!) and we were not able to finalize a resolution.

So I’m just posting to see if any other GP users might have experienced something similar? If so, please let me know…

Gratefully Yours,

Mark Dowlearn

Are this VST 64 Bit Versions?

Yes, they are 64-bit.

MusicLab is working here.
I tested with;
GigPerformer 3.0.x
RealStrat Standard 5.0.2.7425 (64-bit)
MacBook Pro macOS 10.14.3

Can you share your GIG file?

And of course you checked the audio routing in TotalMix, which is OK, and If you add to your rackspace another working plugin and route it to the SAME audio output in GP that your MusicLab plugins, it works ?

You’re on Windows, right?

Thanks for the response.

I’m on Gig Performer 3.1.7, Windows 10. I’m wondering if the difference is due to one of these parameters.

I’ll share my gig file – not able to do that,though, until tonight or tomorrow.

m

Yes – tested configuration with dhj in remote session and everything seems to be configured correctly.

m

Yes, WIndows 10. RME Fireface UFX for audio interface.

m

But you didn’t tell me if you tried to connect on the same audio output in GP and at the same time both a well working plugin instrument and a MusicLab instrument, both connected to the same MIDI in block? The idea, with this setup, is to check if you can at least hear the well working instrument plugin.

Did you try to use both the ASIO4ALL and the RME drivers ?

I would also try to record the MusicLab instrument using the LoopBeAudio demo version and ASIO4ALL driver, just to check if the signal activating the GP metering is something hearable.

That is the odd thing. If he just replaces the realstrat plugin with another plugin (so same connections) the other plugin works fine. That suggests to me that there is a problem with realstrat on his system.

Except, he says that the same plugin is working with other hosts. So that’s bizarre.

What is really weird is that these plugins activates the GP metering… If it is a correct digital audio signal, no reason that it doesn’t go to the RME audio interface. If it is in a way stopped buy the RME driver, there should be a reason and perhaps that trying to monitor it before the RME driver could give a clue… Perhaps that mixing a correct audio signal with the realstrat one would fix it? It could be also interesting to test with different audio drivers, perhaps other driver are more permissive with a weird digital audio signal ?

It is a creazy story :upside_down_face:

I use the MusicLab guitars frequently. They seem to behave normally. They’ve had bugs in the past. But MusicLab fixes reported bugs pretty fast. I’ll perform some tests on my Surface Pro today.

Good question.

I had previously replaved a known working instrument (Omnisphere) with RealStrat. In this instance, Real Strat did not sound, then when Omnisphere was reset as the instrument it did in fact work again.

I had not, however, connected both a known working plugin (Omnisphere) and a Music Lab V instrument (Real Strat, VST2) previously, so I did it just now.

The result: Prior to connecting Real Strat, Omnisphere worked fine. Once I connected Real Strat, Omnisphere quit sounding (along with Real Strat). After then removing Real Strat, Omnisphere’s sound returned.

Even though neither would sound, all meters in GP indicate there is level being sent to the interface.

And here’s an interesting thing: with both Real Strat and Omnisphere connected, even though there was no “note on” sound, there was a very faint Omnisphere sound associated with “note off”, as if it was the only thing being triggered that was audible. Again, very faint. So very bizarre.

I do not have ASIO4All installed (though I’m familiar with it and have experimented with it before, so I have not tried that. I did try using the “generic low latency ASIO” driver to no effect.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

<<<<<<<<<I use the MusicLab guitars frequently. They seem to behave normally.
My experience as well. Have never run into any issue with any of them.

Thanks for your input.

I may simply try uninstalling and re-installing to see if that changes anything.

Here are links to a screen shot and sample .gig file.

One other thing to note: I have previously been sending the output to Analog 11/12 on my RME interface.

In prepping the .gig file to send, I rerouted both Omnisphere and Real Strat to Analog 1/2 in on my RME since these would be considered more standard inputs.

In doing so, I noticed a change – I now get an audible and very strange electronic sounding signal when I strike keys on my controller, and the output is routed to the following channels:
Analog 1/2 - SOFTWARE PLAYBACK
Analog 11/12 - SOFTWARE PLAYBACK
ADAT 3/4 - SOFTWARE PLAYBACK
ADAT11/12 - SOFTWARE PLAYBACK
ADAT 3/4 - HARDWARE PLAYBACK
ADAT11/12 - HARDWARE PLAYBACK

Weird!.

RealStratTest.gig (542.9 KB)

I got the same results you did. I delete and replaced the MIDI IN block and all works.

Thanks. I just tested, and my results still differ:
– deleting and replacing MIDI block made no difference in my results
– however, bypassing RealStrat at the plugin allows Omnisphere to sound; similarly, re-enabling RealStrat mutes Omnisphere. In neither case does RealStrat sound correctly

m

The screenshot of @EnjoyRC, gives me an idea, Did you try to put a gain and balance plugin at the output of the realstrat? Perhaps it helps with the weird realstrat audio signal? :thinking:

Thanks for your question. Yes, I tested the config both with and without a gain and balance plugin in the chain. Unfortunately, no difference …