Getting digital crackle when changing rack spaces

I am getting digital crackle when changing rack spaces. I only have 3 plugins and its the same on any of them when I change rack spaces (I have 10 rack spaces). I tried changing the buffer size however it doesn’t make a difference.

I am using a Dell Latitude 7320 Tablet Intel Core i5-1140G7 Processor, 8GB Ram, 256GB Thunderbolt, Windows 11 Pro with a Scarlett 6i6 interface.

What happens when you use bundled keyboard templates?

What happens when you try with Windows Audio or ASIO4ALL?

Are you a new Gig Performer user? If not, when this behavior start happening?

What happens when you use bundled keyboard templates?
The same digital crackling when you first play each preset…after that when you hold a chord down you can hear it again.
What happens when you try with Windows Audio or ASIO4ALL?
ASIO4ALL causes way too much latency.
Are you a new Gig Performer user? If not, when this behavior start happening?
I have had GP for about 3 weeks and it just started happening 3 days ago on the same set up I had saved.

Sigh - the point is to diagnose the issue by trying alternatives — not to suggest you switch to ASIO4ALL.
But what is your sample rate and buffer size?

There’s no magic — if it used to work and now you’re having problems, then something changed on your system…windows update? Anti-virus update? Something else you installed?

2 Likes

Did you check out this:?

Something I’ve been fighting for a while are the power profiles of Windows. You must create a new profile of the type high performance. Adjusting an existing one it not the same.

Welcome, by the way, to these forums and this community. Give it some time, but I expect you will find the community most helpful. At least that is my experience

That would be my guess here as well. I’ve also had Windows change my power plan back to its default “energy saving” or whatever they call it several times on different computers.