First gig with GP and M3 organ controller build

I recently switched to Gig Performer from Mainstage and am LOVING it! I used my rig live for the first time the other night and couldnt be happier. Heres some pics of the organ controller I put together. Its a Hammond M3 body with a custom back panel. Im controlling GSI VB3 via a GM Lab D9-X and a stream deck. The integration between GP and the stream deck is really fantastic. Laptop goes inside the organ and a mirrored display on the ipad gives me visual feedback on controls.

13 Likes

Very impressive setup! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Well done :beers:
Thanks for sharing.

Are you using the Stream Deck extension? LINK

Feel free to share more info about your band, and any future videos :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am using the stream deck extention! It works AMAZINGLY. What an incredible asset in this particular build.

1 Like

What drove you to switch (not that anyone here is complaining :grinning:)?

Mainstage was never very stable in my experiences with it. That was the primary reason. Now that Ive dug into GP, the flexibility and workflow is a game changer.

2 Likes

Wow! I absolutely love this! :+1:

1 Like

It looks awesome!

1 Like

Love you rig. Looks beautiful on stage. How much does it weigh and I assume at least a van is needed to transport?? I’m considering doing something similar.

1 Like

The weight isn’t to bad. I haven’t put it on a scale yet, but i’d estimate it at 65-75lbs. Feels lighter than a Fender Twin to me. The amount of weight that is shaved off from gutting the tone generator and original keybeds is pretty astounding. I drive a pickup truck with a cap on the back, and I can load this myself without a ramp. One of the benefits of the “new” weight distribution is that this can be transported on its back. It’s just midi controllers after all… So, i just tip it up onto the tailgate and slide it in with the back panel off. It also fits standing upright, with the cap on the back of my pickup.

1 Like