Firing Streaming audio player vía key note

Hey there, team!!!
I have a query … I have a Rackspace (1 song) with 4 variations. In the last one I fire and audio file, via streamer, from a PAD on my AKAI MDP232 … no worries there … I also have another audio file that I fire from note C4 on my lower keyboard because I can’t get to the Akai with either hand … SO … During the 1st 3 variations I have Bypassed the audio player so that even though I play C4, the audio file doesn’t play … all is well there …

The thing is : the widget I have on the Panel, assigned to the PLAY button on the audioplayer DOES fire up ever time I play C4 (bright green ON - dull green OFF) … SO, when I change to VARIATION 4, it seems like the audioplayer spits out all of the on/offs I’ve been activating with C4, all at once and there’s a loud pop… … My idea is to put a midi filter (or something) SOMEWHERE so that C4 data doesn’t reach the player UNTIL variation 4 y selected …

Any ideas, guys?

Thanks in advance … as always

In a similar situation than yours, I made this Scriptlet:

Do you think it could work for you?

1 Like

Wow… The idea is incredible but I yet have to start with scriptlets…

I wouldn’t even know how to implement this… I WILL keep this in mind and will give it a go as soon as I have a while to look into scriptlets…

I, for the moment, have decided to use pedals to fire the 3 audio files…

Many thanks for the suggestion.

Nothing special to do for this, a Scriptlet is nothing else then a GP plugin. I simply have to use it. Look at the demo gig file to start with and ask here if something is not clear for you. :wink:

1 Like

Ah… ok… Will find a mo to look into it this weekend.

Thank you once again

You can load the demo gig file and if it correspond to your needs, in the wiring view, right click on the Scriptlet and make it a favorite. Hence, you will be able to easily add the favorite corresponding to this Scriptlet to your own gig file.