Enttec DMXIS

Hey Guys again,

everybody using Enttec DMXIS Light Controller within GP?

I have a few racks and every time there is a PlugIn of DMXIS included.
DMXIS can have Presets for switching Lights and a widget should activate a preset of DMXIS by changig from on rack to the other.
But it works only when I move the slider or change the current widget value in the edit window.
Of course “also on rackspace activation” is enabled.

An observation: Loading the gig file seems to work off all rackspaces and in that moment at least 1 of the presets is called during that process.

But that is not useful enough.

Another observation:
When I open the gui and click on another preset, leve the rackspace and come back to the rackspace, the preset is called correctly.

Please check, if “Ignore variations” is checked.

It should be not checked.

1 Like

It is unchecked.

you are fast! please read my additions in the first post. Maybe it is important?

What is your 1st post?

Can you please upload your gig, so I could check?

1 Like

teresatest(2).gig (220.2 KB)

I did a short test, and it was working when I set this widget property:
Initial value on load
This way the widget is set to the value you saved the gig.
You checked “This value”. This means that the widget is always set to a discrete value (shown beside this value),
When you move your widget then the preset is changed, when you switch away fron the rackspace and come back then the widget value is reset to the given fixed value.
As you do not want this. check “Last saved”.

Here you find the documentation about all this features:
https://gigperformer.com/docs/Userguide36/widgetpropertiesinspector.html

1 Like

This is not the solution.
The reason why I selected “this value” was to be sure, this value is called in every case.
I just changed to “last saved” but it is the same behavior.

The PlugIn has to leave with some other as the desired Preset. When I change the preset by hand to lets say 20 and come back to the rackspace, than it will call the preset i set up.

It seems to work like it should, but you forgot to assign the DMXIS plugin and the preset parameter to a widget in rackspace 8.However if you don’t change the presets within rackspace variation, you probably don’t even need a widget, the last preset will be recovered properly in each rackspace.

How do you check if it works or not? In fact GP loads a different instance of the DMXIS in each rackspace. So, if you don’t check with the hardware (the lights), you will have to open each instance in each rackspace to check.

I also notice that you played with a GPScript in the first Rackspace, but no MIDI out device called DMXIS is defined, this leads to a compilation error. But, go on working with host automation, that’s probably the right way to do it.

1 Like

I tested only Rack 1 and 2. It should not depend from Rack 8
See my video, in the corner bottom right you see the lights, and yes I opened both instances.

The script was written by jazzundso 2 or 3 years ago. At that time i didn’t own the DMXIS yet.
The note was sent via another interface to the lights directly, but with that plugIn it is much more convenient if it works.

OK, I think I understand the issue, the two instances are properly set to the right preset and therefore don’t move anymore once they are set to a particular preset.

An idea could be to use another GP instance with a unique Rackspace and several variations and change the presets at each variation using an assigned widget. Then from the first GP synchronize the second one using OSC or MIDI PC.

1 Like

Please try this, I made a dirty trick and maybe it helps:

teresatest(3).gig (211.7 KB)

var DMX : Widget

// Called when rackspace is activated
On Activate
var note: NoteMessage

// Note C1 mit Velocity 100 auf Kanal 1 senden
    note = MakeNoteMessageEx(F-2, 100, 0)
    //DMXIS.SendNowExternal(note)

// NoteOff senden (Velocity = 0)
    note = MakeNoteMessageEx(F-2, 0, 0)

DMX.SetWidgetValue(GetWidgetValue(DMX))
    DMX.SetWidgetValue(GetWidgetValue(DMX))
End

The trick is this:
When the rackspace is activated the Widget is moved again - not really but maybe DMXIS reacts on that pseudo change.

1 Like

@pianopaul thanks, here is another destination error…

@David-san
Variations do the job, but after changing to a new rackspace i have to change variation only for this,.
but 2 Instances of GP? Really?

oops, sorry

teresatest(3).gig (211.6 KB)

Unfortunately not.
When I leave Sommer with black and come back, it will switch to green.

But simply leave the green, go to Frühling don’t change the light and when I come back to sommer it is green yet from before.

What do you mean by “pseudo change”?

@pianopaul tried to force the DMXIS to reload its preset and this send the DMX commands to the lights again. But it seems that the DMXIS plugin was not cheated by the trick.

1 Like

A pseudo change is: Set a widget to a value the widget already is at.

1 Like

Another try:

var DMX : Widget
    v_value : double

// Called when rackspace is activated
On Activate
var note: NoteMessage

// Note C1 mit Velocity 100 auf Kanal 1 senden
    note = MakeNoteMessageEx(F-2, 100, 0)

// NoteOff senden (Velocity = 0)
    note = MakeNoteMessageEx(F-2, 0, 0)
    v_value = GetWidgetValue(DMX)
    DMX.SetWidgetValue(1.0)
    DMX.SetWidgetValue(v_value)
End
1 Like

Rackspace 1 has DMXIS preset 1
Rackspace 2 has DMXIS preset 2
Another idea would be to find a trick such that when entering the Rackspace 2 it first set the preset to 1 (which won’t really move the lights, but it would be a preset change for the DMXIS instance in Rackspace 2) and then set the preset 2.
If remember well it is possible to get the widget value from an “external” Rackspace, but I am not sur anymore if a Rackspace can know the previous Rackspace.

This will work but it will change the preset to another preset and potentially modify the lights in an unwanted way, no?