Emulating Patch Persist between Variations

Hi All,

I have a rackspace that has a synth mapped to a portion of my upper keyboard, and then in the next variation it is mapped to another section of the keyboard, and is transposed into a different octave. Is there a way to keep the notes active until release during the variation change? Below is a (mock) pic of how I have it currently mapped. Thoughts of course, are welcomed (obviouslyā€¦thatā€™s why I submitted this, LOL!).

ā€“Joe

Yes this is possible.
I do that all the time.

Just use a Filter Plugin to filter out Note On Messages.
The same you can do in the MIDI In block,

For example 2 MIDI In Blocks.
Variation1 set the Filter of NOTE On in MIDI IN block 1, so no Note On goes through.
In the 2nd MIDI In Block the Note On is not filtered.

Variation2 set the Filter of NOTE On in MIDI IN block 2, so no Note On goes through.
In the 1st MIDI In Block the Note On is not filtered.

This way when you switch from variation 1 to variation 2 the sound produced in variation 1 can be heard until a Note Off is reached.

I call that ā€œPoor manā€™s patch persistā€ :wink:

4 Likes

@pianopaul

Indeed! I will experiment later. Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Joe

And if you want to go further in the patch persist direction for variations you can go for this:

Or even for that if you want to do crazy things :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@David-san
I did see thoseā€¦and will certainly get to them if needed.

When I started the conversion from Forte, I thought I would just layout everything the way I used to, but as I am learning more about GP, some things are changing. I still consider myself being in that ā€œneed to knowā€ space. As I am programming, things are popping up and I am learning about the options as necessary. But Iā€™m looking forward to the time when everything is in there and I can start experimenting at a more advanced level :wink:

Joe

3 Likes