Does anyone else have issues using cc 32 with learn?

Using Iconpad…toggle CC num 32 not being recognised with learn?

Note: the only CC messages that cannot be learned by Gig Performer are CC 0 and CC 32 as these two messages are reserved for bank selection.

Source: Widget Properties inspector

1 Like

I see…I have always used 32 with other hosts but I see what you are saying as it needs LSB if it is using banks…cheers

Here’s also a nice blog post :slight_smile:
https://gigperformer.com/how-to-send-program-change-messages-out-to-hardware-devices-and-other-applications/

1 Like

would it be possible to have a scriplet that would transfer a incoming CC32 to another CC number ?

since my various novation launch controls XL have one knob set to CC32

You’d have to do it with a GigScript as this conversion needs to happen before the message enters the GP main midi handling system

1 Like

At the Gig Script level you can convert anything: CC <-> PC, note events to CC or capture key strokes.

Some examples are included in the latest blog: Gig Performer | The most flexible MIDI processing

1 Like

I will just change the 32 to something other offset range but it would be nice to have a global place to filter particular midi ports…

Yes, it’s called the Gig Script :slight_smile:

Sure — some GUI on top of oft-used things can be worth while but the value of GP Script is to enable these kinds of things to be done before a GUI implementation of a particular feature is determined to be worthwhile providing.

2 Likes

Gotcha
and makes complete sense…

Thanks – here’s the thing – we pretty much know about all these kinds of requests but the reality is we can’t do everything at once. If we waited until everything that everybody ever wanted was implemented, there’s be no product!

2 Likes

I TOTALLY get that…the butter is best on one piece of toast as they say
Its a great product thats for sure…we all learn differently too…Im one of those painful flow chart guys…once I see that ie the abstracts, it all just works…bit blind atm until I can feel all of that.
Would be amazing to be able to host PD code ; plenty of external support then and get rid of support weight on GP though…simple robust language and carries the wiring paradigm that is part of GP

1 Like

Here is a Gig workaround Gig script:

2 Likes

Well, there exists pdlib and somebody could probably write an extension using the GP External Script API to integrate PD into GP.

2 Likes

This is exactly why I prefer assembler…LOL
Can you alias those functions easily on local scope?

I don’t understand the question

To abbreviate on local scope and possibly help newbs like me…lover of terse lol
eg
fMidiSend = InjectMidiEventViaRigManager()
where the function receives an alias
?

I was completely confused — the topic is about using cc32 with learn and you’ve just thrown in a question that has absolutely nothing to do with that and is rather about a language feature in GP Script.

Please - it’s important to stay on topic and not have all these segues — it’s impossible to keep track.

GP Script questions should be posted on the GP Script category

1 Like

If you don’t like my programming style in GPScript, I am not sure you would like my programming style in assembler. I am old enough to have programmed RISC and CISC CPU, micro controller as well as DSP in assembler, but I prefer GPScript which remind me my early days in Pascal :nerd_face:

2 Likes

and as you know, Pascal was a major influence on the design of GP Script