Do I need a script for this?

Do I need a script for this

On rackspace activation and on any variation send a note event to effect a program change message.

On any note event on (only note on) from midi in on either upper keyboard or lower keyboard only send a program change message to a midi out?

Does reading this article help? Gig Performer | How to send Program Change messages out to hardware devices and other applications

Read that article but need not press on only.

So on rack space activation
Send a prg ch message to activate DMX light intro then wait till a song starts
then
on any note press send another prg ch to activate a DMX sequence

Basically
On note event on (only on) from any midi in block
( in any variation in the rackspace)
send a program change message

Hm. Perhaps is this what you need?

1 Like

As for the notes to Program Changes, you can set up something like this for the desired note events:

Now when I hit C2 two times, you can see that a program change is sent two times.
(for different PC values, adjust the Max number of the curve; type in 126m for PC# 126)

Hey thanks I’ll try that out
Cheers

It has to be any note event from either upper 61 note keyboard or any note event from lower keyboard (note on only)
Not just one note

Hm… Perhaps it’s best to describe you exact use case, i.e. what you want to do, maybe there is a better way to address it.

Ok
When I activate a rackspace it sends a prgm ch to Dmx lights which starts an intro scene-
when start to play song a new dmx scene needs to start via a different program ch.

new dmx scene need to start
immediately when I hit any key.

We don’t use any backing tracks or midi files

On note event on (only note on) from any midi in block (any keyboard)
( in any variation in the rackspace)
send a program change message

Ok, so if you’d have a script which would send out PC#1 on bank 0 on each press of any key on the specified keyboard, would this help?
I guess not.
You should i e. explain the relationship between the played note and the PC# to be sent out.

2 Likes

Yes, I also needed more explanation. It sounded like:

• Send PC message once when you first activate the rackspace, and once when you change to a different variation.
  • After activating the rackspace or switching variation, on the first note you play after this, send another PC message.

I believe he wants the first PC message to call up a specific sequence in his DMX console which would be pre-programmed to open in a ready state but idle, and then as soon as he starts playing he wants the first note on message he plays, regardless of note played, to trigger the GO cue for the DMX sequence, so it would need to be a specific PC value to that song but it would only be sent once, he doesn’t want to keep re-triggering that PC message.

Correct

Bit hard to explain from a musical view but here goes

Rackspace 1
Yes send a prg change say pc 1 (chan 1) on rackspace activation
Which will start the dmx intro sequence

Variation 1 (which is default)
Then on any key press send either a unique prg ch or cc message to start main light sequence which will stop on changing to a new rack space

New rackspace will stop previous main sequence start new intro etc

( I only use mostly 3 variations in which the main sequence would need to stayrunning.)

I only have 50 songs so only need 50 intros and 50 main sequences.

The dmx software is fully programmable

I was going to suggest a scriptlet as a good way to do this (as you want to detect the note on from multiple keyboards), but it seems scriptlets can’t tell what rackspace they are in? e.g. to be able to send out a PC that matched the rackspace index.

Otherwise, I suppose a Gig script would be the most efficient way to set this up?

the OP could just make the scriptlet for each rackspace specific to the number he needs the DMX controller to recieve for that song and if it’s a GO cue, it’s probably the same PC message for every song.

I’m m gonna try and write some gp code to accomplish my problem- but may need some help along the way