Custom button colors in GP Selector extension

Just reporting.
I think that it is really useful :slight_smile:

Will test the colors soon.

1 Like

Is your revamped version on github, or should I download it elsewhere?

It’s a few posts above. If testing goes ok, I’ll do a release in GitHub.

1 Like

This works OK. Colors are reloaded (Windows 11).

@ztones
Did you use it live?

@rank13
Would it make sense to add a toggle button to display the Global rackspace?
In the Song selector, would it make sense to display the name of the current setlist?

Everything works OK btw. copying, deleting, renaming (+ refresh) and other stuff on songs/rackspaces. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yes, I did use it live. Worked just fine!

The only thing that’s a little bit annoying, but its probably a windows thing and cannot be fixed (???) is that I have to open the extension manually every time and of course it doesn’t open up where I last “parked it”, and have to drag it carefully in place and adjust its height and width each time by finger, which as we know isn’t always the easiest. Can’t tell you how many times I carefully put it in place, then when finally I managed to grab the bottom of the window to adjust the height and pulled it all the way down, it decides to snap open max in height from top to bottom, which is not what I intended. LOL Somehow the lyrics window manages to open in its last saved location and size. Is it possible with this extension window? It would be great to have a resize button or something that would remember the last saved position.

Having said that, as I said, once in place, it worked great! :slight_smile:

Hm… The window height and width are perhaps something that can be saved in the “GPSelectorPrefs.txt”?

2 Likes

I’ve done a change that means you won’t have to manually hit refresh. It’s now doing regular polling/checks and will refresh if needed.

I’m also improving how the list will automatically scroll to show all variations/parts for the selected rackspace/song, similar to what GP does. This will help when you’re changing rackspaces/songs via a controller and the list will scroll to show all relevant parts.

Yes, should work.

1 Like

I’ve published the latest changes as a formal release in GitHub.

• The list will automatically refresh when you add/remove/rename/reorder the rackspace/variations or songs/parts
  • The list has an improved auto-scroll to ensure you always see all of the variations or parts when you select a new rackspace/song
  • The preferences file allows you to specify the default window position and size. To help figure out what these settings are, if you click the ‘Pin’’ icon in the extension header, it will display the current position and size in GP’s Script Logger Window:
4 Likes

If you add a switch widget to open the extension window (as per the readme) to the global rackspace panel and save GP with the switch active → the window will then open automatically when you open the gig file. You can use the ‘Initial value on gig load’ options in the widget ‘Value’’ tab to ensure that the switch always defaults to active when you open the gig.

2 Likes

That’s right! Now that you mention it, I do remember reading it but I forgot. Thank you for the latest release, especially for the ability to position in size preferences. Looking forward to checking it out!

Feedback is coming! :slight_smile:

Refresh list button behavior:

• When in “mini mode”, clicking the Refresh button not only refreshes the rackspace/song list, but also positions the extension’s window to the upper-left corner.
  • When in “expanded mode”, hitting refresh shrinks the window

Don’t know how refresh works, but perhaps you should:

• either don’t change the window’s dimensions/position at all,
  • or check the last dimensions and reapply the last dimensions/position,
  • introduce another button that applies default position and dimensions (perhaps the best option, as IMHO, refreshing the rackspace/song list should be independent of dimensions/position).

On two monitors situation - Refresh always place the extension’s window on the first monitor.

Script logger works OK:
Pinned GP Selector (x,y,w,h): 1185, 115, 2050, 800
→ These values are successfully copied/pasted into the config file: PositionAndSize = 2019, 83, 1692, 800
// only thing I noticed is that the Script Logger produces “space” after comma, where initially in the prefs file there are no spaces (e.g. 1185,115,2050,800), but this doesn’t seem to matter as the extension loaded values correctly.

Suggestion:
→ add the About menu item where you can sign yourself as Rank13 (or whatever you want), provide the extension version number and link to the GitHub :slight_smile:

I left some testing code in there! :joy:
The refresh button shouldn’t even be needed anymore. I’ll probably remove it in a later update.

I’ll fix the release up shortly.

1 Like

Then you can think about this idea :slight_smile:

I’ve got something in the tracker to add details in the Options > Extensions window. IMO this would be the best place for author and version number, as some extensions won’t have a GUI.

Ah, yes, that can be improved, as well.

I’ve removed the test code that was causing the window resize/reposition when clicking refresh. Thanks @npudar for testing!

You’re most welcome. :beers:

1 Like

I’m having a behavior issue with the latest (it says updated 12 hours ago). I try to scroll to another song, but within a second of letting go it jumps back to the currently selected song.

I think I found the cause.
Do you have more than 100 songs in the gig file? Or more than 20 song parts or variations?

I have 73 songs total in the gig file and max 15 song parts and max 17 variations. I do however have PC assignment over 100 in the setlist to access certain songs. And those PC assignments do show up in the setlist as if they were song #. For example, all the songs without PC assignments are just numbered sequentially. So without the PC, 73 songs would be numbered 1-73. However, the PC numbers show up as if it was song #113 for example. Could that be it?