Crash when switching rackspaces and/or exiting

I’ve been having some notable stability issues with Gig Performer for a month or so now. Whenever I have sessions where I do a lot of rig editing (moving/inserting/deleting plugins, rewiring, widget editing) GP will frequently crash when I close it down. I check the crash logs and it’s GP itself that triggers the exception, as opposed to any plugin. This also happens when I’ve been editing a rackspace for a while and then try to switch to another rackspace. Happens with predictive loading both on and off. I’ve been sending crash reports almost every time it happens but I was just wondering if there’s something I’m missing.

Oh, all my rackspaces involve GPScript to change multiple widget visibility states as well.

Windows? Mac ? OS version?

GP version? (Specific version, not just “latest”)

Other useful information beyond “it crashed”? Did it used to work? What changed?

1 Like

Sorry, forgot basic ‘it crashed HALP’ etiquette.

Windows 10, GP 4.8.2

All that changed is my rigs got more complex than what I was building initially. Originally I was using Neural DSP and Bogren Digital just for the amp sims and then adding in several VSTs for effects (Crystalline, Valhalla Delay, Valhalla Shimmer, Audiority, Kuassa, Fazertone). Recently I decided to use the built in effects that come with the amp sims, thinking that might have been the issue. It wasn’t.

I use GP Script to hide and reveal controls depending on mode switches (especially sync vs free delay times). Those different switches are sitting right on top of each other, if that makes a difference. I also put widgets in for pretty much every control in the plugins, so there’s a lot of them in each panel.

Please post here the crash log. How to post a crash log on Windows

1 Like

595fe06d-d31f-4287-b580-0ad34cf64916.zip (46.8 KB)

Here you go. Same thing as before, just an hour of heavy widget and script editing.

This crash is occuring inside a plugin called Morgan Amps Suite, whatever that is.

screenshot_7919

That’s a Neural DSP plugin. Their newest.

I’ll try using the VST2 version and see if that helps.

They’re good guys. Let them know about the crash

Seems to be an issue with Neural DSP in general. Just had another one caused by the Archetype Petrucci plugin.

9b652166-2e07-4344-867e-52ce1f55b4fd.zip (31.4 KB)

This was VST2 BTW

Then maybe try VST3, if available?

As I mentioned before, let them know

Both VST2 and VST3 Neural plugins seem to be affected. My original post was about the VST3 Morgan Amp Suite.